SAS Community Relations Program: Criteria for Donations Related to Education
If your organization meets the criteria, follow these steps to apply for a donation:
- Complete the SAS Donation Application (PDF), making sure to provide all information requested.
- Prepare a brief description (three pages or less) of the project/program to be funded or for the in-kind request, including answers to the following questions:
- What is the primary mission of your organization? Describe your current programs and significant accomplishments.
- What issue or problem does your program/project address?
- How does this issue relate to SAS' educational focus, priorities and criteria?
- What is the scope of your program? Who is your audience and/or the population to be served? (Include any available program or policy statements that reference geographic location, socioeconomic status, or other factors that identify the target audience.)
- What is the program goal or expected outcome of the program for which support is requested?
- What is the track record of the project/program to be funded? (If new, discuss accomplishments of the organization.)
- How will you measure the success of the program/project and report the results to SAS?
- Provide the following supporting documentation:
- A photocopy of the IRS 501(c)(3) letter.
- Evidence of current accreditation (for educational institutions).
- An audited financial statement or detailed information on finances.
- A list of the current board of directors and their professional affiliations.
- A separate project/program budget, if applicable.
- Return (1) the completed application; (2) description; and (3) all required supporting documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Completed applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
SAS Campus Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Note: Submitted materials will not be returned.
For further information, contact CommunityRelations@sas.com.