How SAS® Enables Better Manufacturing Quality
Get a consolidated view of quality across products, people, places and processes. Gain in-depth knowledge of customer perceptions. And detect potential problems early.
Enterprise quality data management
- Get a single, comprehensive view of quality across the entire product life cycle.
- Eliminate data silos and combine the voices of the process, product and customer.
- Integrate structured and unstructured quality-related data from all sources.
Advanced early-warning analytics
- Quickly combine and analyze huge quantities of data using predictive analytics with embedded AI.
- Identify issues early, even before they occur, so you can proactively take corrective action to improve outcomes.
- Use patented analytic models to detect emerging trends faster and more accurately than traditional early-warning techniques.
- Achieve advanced process control (APC) using predictive modeling techniques, including neural networking, regression analysis and clustering.
- Automatically monitor the health of all manufacturing processes to help ensure continuous product quality.
- Set up downstream processes based on upstream results to compensate for prior quality issues.
- Reduce scrap and increase production yield.
- Gain deeper process understanding with a complete spectrum of market-leading advanced analytics tools – from exploratory analysis, to design of experiments with optimizers, to cause-and-effect tools.
- Enable more uptime and smoother operations by using root-cause analysis to troubleshoot and correct issues fast.
How does a leading manufacturer of high-tech communications equipment improve visibility and yield in its plant?
SAS helped Vecima Networks:
- Implement a unified technology for visualizing and analyzing governed data across the entire organization.
- Gain fine-grained visibility into its manufacturing performance for monitoring the rolled throughput yield across the manufacturing process, which has improved by an average of 32% since the solution was implemented.
- Turn analytics into a platform that drives unexpected changes in the way the company does business, making it well-positioned to get ahead of the rapid evolution in technology manufacturing.