How SAS Supports K-12 Student Success
SAS applies the statistical rigor necessary to provide precise, reliable information on students’ growth with a more complete picture of student learning.
Comprehensive look at performance
- Consider a student's complete testing history, spanning multiple grades and subjects.
- Accommodate different types of – and changes in – assessments.
More than a single determinant of student progress
- Provide a reflective look at student growth.
- Deliver diagnostic insights.
- Predict likely student outcomes on future academic milestones.
Analytics built on experience
- Rely on more than 20 years of experience working with K-12 education data.
- Trust the application used across more than than 25 states and 3,000 districts, supporting more than 15 million students and over 500,000 educators.
- Get up and running fast with analytics and reporting delivered through a fully hosted and secure web application.
- Accommodate adjustments to district or state policy changes.
- Use a trusted solution grounded in flexible, transparent modeling.
Why do K-12 education agencies choose SAS® for student success?
SAS follows the progress of students over time and provides diagnostic information to identify students' various needs, helping foster their growth and development.
Gain key insights
Drive instructional decisions that improve teaching and learning.
Predict student success
Report on students' predicted success probabilities at numerous academic milestones.
Identify at-risk students
Provide educators with information for effective planning and differentiated instruction.
Deliver data you can act on
Display information in multiple usable formats for educational decision making.
First, we use PVAAS data to ensure we’re playing to the strengths of each teacher so they can have the greatest impact on their students. Second, we use PVAAS data as a motivator to show teachers that their hard work and commitment is making a difference in student growth. Stacey Cherny Principal South Side Elementary School (Dauphin County)
CUSTOMER SUCCESS IN K-12 EDUCATION
Working Smarter With SAS®
State of Tennessee
Predicting K-12 academic performance to develop individual plans to help each student succeed
SAS helped Tennessee develop the state's educational value-added assessment system (TVAAS), which enables educators to collect and analyze data for making more informed decisions about the appropriate path for each student and act on those decisions with confidence.
Union Middle School
Turning things around at a low-performing middle school
Union Middle School in Sampson County, NC, uses SAS EVAAS reports and student projections to gain insights for improving student growth and attendance and providing strong professional development for teachers.
Accelerating school performance with analytics
SAS helped Duval County Public Schools transform into one of Florida’s top-performing school districts by using data and predictive analytics to improve school performance, track student progression and monitor school climate.
Recommended Resources for Student Success in K-12 Education
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeExplore the collected wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making.
- Series SAS Training: Data Literacy EssentialsFrom young students to lifelong learners, knowing how to engage with data is more important than ever. Check out our free, self-paced data literacy course to start building those skills!
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS® EVAAS®Assess and predict student performance with precision and reliability.
- SAS® Viya®トライアルフェーズからミッションクリティカルまで、アナリティクスにおけるあらゆる課題を克服。SAS Viyaは、SAS Platformの機能性を拡張することで、データ・サイエンティストからビジネス・アナリスト、アプリケーション開発者、経営幹部まで、あらゆる人々がコラボレーションし、より迅速に革新的な結果を生み出すことを可能にします。