How SAS Supports K-12 School Performance
SAS provides data models and visualizations for understanding student, program and school performance. By predicting student outcomes and modeling scenarios, educators can see how programmatic or instructional changes may make improvements in areas critical to each school’s goals.
Fast disaggregation of data
- Compare critical student performance metrics.
- Expose data relationships using analytics and visualizations.
- Provide administrators with timely information so they can take appropriate action based on reliable data.
- Correlate information across data sources.
- Identify at-risk students so educators can provide an intervention.
- Track student progression and promotion across schools.
- Predict school performance using underlying statistical models.
School performance simulation
- Provide intuitive dashboards that deliver information in a visually understandable format.
- Emulate reports that incorporate academic performance measures useful for educator coaching and parent conferences.
- Gain practical information based on accurate, real-time data.
Why do K-12 leaders choose SAS for school performance management?
SAS creates a customized system that empowers school administrators to identify and overcome barriers to academic success.
Predict student outcomes
Accurately predict student outcomes with underlying statistical models that use real-time data.
Make data-driven decisions
Turn data from across multiple systems into information you can act on for school improvement.
Define strategies & improve outcomes
Gain a comprehensive overview of all your state's or district’s education data so you can highlight areas of opportunity to improve performance.
Create momentum for desired policies
Enable administrators to model different policy actions using real-time data to advocate for needed changes.
Demonstrate policy and program reform progress
Track the progress of different programs over time for all students served via a user-friendly dashboard.
Generate evidence of return on investment
Use data from across the district to identify which programs have the biggest impact on student learning, and invest appropriately.
Not all the growth models out there consider error, whether that is because of sample size or missing data. We spoke with the psychometricians and econometricians ... and selected EVAAS because we wanted a model that we felt accurately reflected our goals. Lisa Schmitt Senior Research Associate, Department of Research & Evaluation Austin Independent School District
CUSTOMER SUCCESS IN K-12 EDUCATION
Working Smarter With SAS®
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
Providing parents, educators, state leaders, researchers and others with important information about school and district-level data
North Carolina's School Report Cards, which are created and hosted by SAS, provide details on student performance and academic growth, school and student characteristics and much more for all North Carolina public schools, including charter and alternative schools. A user-friendly dashboard meets the needs of all users.
Recommended Resources for K-12 School Performance Management
- White Paper From cradle to career: A modern SLDSModern statewide longitudinal data systems (SLDS) that meets the needs of students and their communities are an essential part of a strong educational framework.
- E-Book Government and education: Leading through changeExplore the collected wisdom and stories of government and education leaders who are rising to the challenges of our times and applying analytics to drive evidence-based decision making.
- White Paper Data Management: The Foundation for Successful Reporting and Analytics in EducationSee how effective data management enables educational institutions to generate accurate reports and analytics - and how SAS can help.
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS Consultingビジネス目標の達成やテクノロジー投資効果の最大化のために、SAS Consultingが提供する業界最高水準のテクノロジーとサービスをご活用ください。
- SAS® EVAAS for K-12Advance student learning through powerful analytics and comprehensive visualizations.