How SAS® Helps You Address Higher Education Workforce Challenges
Align academic programs to meet future workforce job demands. Predict enrollment and degree attainment. Realign resources to support an adequate and skilled workforce. Measure and visualize past, present and potential economic factors. Understand supply and demand, predict gaps, and monitor reskilling and upskilling opportunities.
- Foster collaboration with different communities, such as provosts, economists, financial analysts and others.
- Integrate data from multiple agencies, such as K-12, postsecondary, labor and workforce agencies, and departments of revenue.
- Inform policy changes that encourage economic stability.
- Assess current and future economic and demographic conditions in the evolving workforce.
- Provide insight into changing industries and geographic regions.
Addressing the talent gap
- Analyze the workforce gap to inform leaders of upskill and reskill opportunities.
- Identify the skills necessary to fill current and future jobs.
- Pinpoint training needed to change jobs as demand shifts.
- Enable higher education decision makers to forecast degree and course offerings that meet labor market demands.
- Anticipate future job opportunities for students who will be entering the workforce.
Why choose SAS® for higher education workforce development?
SAS provides an analytics-centric approach in postsecondary education that enables you to quickly derive meaningful insights. Decide which majors, certifications and programs are critical and make essential changes to ensure the best workforce outcomes for students and surrounding communities.
Implement a data strategy
Integrate disparate data from postsecondary education, state workforce agencies and employers to strategically manage the skills gap.
Match certificates & degrees to job demand
Evaluate the future demand for employees by business sector, education level and occupation.
Forecast enrollment & degrees
Project enrollment, retention and degree attainment by program and degree throughout the region and state.
Gain holistic, data-driven insights that identify the state of the workforce, project future needs, and identify gaps in supply and demand.
Improve strategic planning
Plan for evolving workforce trends based on skills, training, diversity and education.
Align with industry
Equip postsecondary education leaders with quantitative and qualitative evidence to collaborate with business leaders on making critical workforce decisions.
Analytics is essential to higher education workforce development.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS IN HIGHER EDUCATION
Working Smarter With SAS®
Recommended Resources for Higher Education Workforce Development
- White Paper Workforce AnalyticsThis paper explores how government HR functions can use advanced analytics, machine learning and AI to develop effective plans to meet hiring, retention and performance goals.
- Webinar Analytics for Higher EducationJoin us for this special summit focused on how leaders in higher education are using analytics to make the most out of their data and enhancing every aspect of their institutions.