SAS Request a Course Program
The Request a Course program allows you to add a course date or location to our schedule. A commitment of four times the advertised per person public training fee is required, which allows up to four people from your organization to attend.
Once the course has been approved and a tentative date scheduled for the course, the requestor will be charged a fee equal to four times the advertised per person public training fee less a discount of 10% (the "SAS Request a Course Fee"). The requestor must register and pay the SAS Request a Course Fee before the course date will be confirmed and added to the public course calendar.
Once the course is placed on the public course schedule, other individuals may choose to register for the requested course such that individuals from requestor's organization may not be the only participants in attendance on the day of the course. If you need to cancel or change the course date, please notify SAS by mail, e-mail, or phone at least four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the course. Cancellations received less than four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled start date will incur a 25% cancellation fee. Substitutions (name changes) are accepted at any time prior to the course.
SAS reserves the right to cancel course dates in its sole discretion and at any time. If a course is cancelled for any reason, SAS will refund any prepaid registration fees. SAS is not responsible for airline penalties related to the cancellation of SAS courses or events. Please be aware of the airline restrictions regarding nonrefundable airline tickets when purchasing an airline ticket.
Not all courses are eligible for the SAS Request a Course program. Further, SAS, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to decline to add any requested course to the public course calendar.
Public course fees and length vary depending on the subject matter and type of course. View the course outline and schedule for details. Registration fees cover computer time for lecture/workshop and electronic course notes. Early registration is recommended because classes fill quickly. An early bird discount for 10% off standard course fees is available for most courses when you register and pay for the course at least four weeks in advance of the course start date. A group discount for 10% off standard course fees is also available for most courses for individuals from the same organization who register and pre-pay for the same public course together.
Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
For three decades, SAS Education has provided quality, state-of-the-art training to half a million SAS customers. We're so confident our courses will help you learn how to use SAS more effectively, that we guarantee your satisfaction. In fact, if you are not satisfied with your training experience, let us know within 60 days and we'll offer you another class or refund your initial course fee. Learn more about our guarantee.
SAS Education's Guaranteed to Run Program
Your learning is our top priority. Make your training plans in advance without the worry of re-scheduling or cancellations. Classes marked Guaranteed to Run will run as long as one student is registered four weeks prior to the course start date.*
* Valid for U.S. courses only that are marked Guaranteed to Run. Some exclusions apply. The guarantee does not cover cancellations due to circumstances beyond SAS' control, including, without limitation, illness or transportation delays.
Please be aware that pursuant to your current sales tax laws, e-Learning orders may now be subject to tax. Taxes are applicable on courses held in the following states: CT, HI, IL, OH, NM, RI, SC, SD, TX.
Costs including fees, travel, lodging, and a portion of meal expenses related to attending a SAS training course may be tax deductible as a business expense by the attendee. Contact your tax advisor to ascertain whether you qualify for this tax deductible business expense.
Public and Live Web Courses
The SAS cancellation policy covers courses, conferences, and Certification exams held at SAS facilities. If you are unable to attend the event for which you registered, please inform SAS as soon as possible.
- Fees are fully refundable if notification is received by mail, e-mail, or phone at least 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date of an event; after that (9 calendar days or less), the full event fee will be charged. SAS will provide a full refund if the customer requests to cancel their registration within 3 calendar days of the date of registration regardless of the number of days before the first day of class.
- Substitutions (name changes) are accepted at any time prior to the event, except for training package registrations which are not transferable.
- Transfers are accepted up to 24 hours before the event start date, and students are allowed one transfer per course registration.
- Students that are absent from class without notifying SAS by phone, mail, or e-mail at least 1 day before class begins will be charged the full course price of the course without the option to cancel or transfer to another class.
SAS Institute reserves the right to cancel course dates. If a course is cancelled for any reason, SAS will return prepaid registration fees. SAS is not responsible for airline penalties related to the cancellation of SAS courses or events. Please be aware of the airline restrictions regarding nonrefundable airline tickets when purchasing an airline ticket.
This policy applies unless otherwise stated.
On-site and Private Live Web Courses
Additional terms and conditions may apply for certain products. Please visit the applicable product or course outline page for additional information.
Training Center Class Info
- Hours of operation: 8:30 - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. If the schedule is different, it will be noted on the Web as well as in your confirmation e-mail.
- Meals: Due to COVID we are currently not serving a continental breakfast. Snacks and drinks are provided. Classes will break for lunch around 12 noon; however, lunch is not provided. Some exceptions may apply.
- Classroom attire: Students are welcome to dress comfortably, keeping in mind that training centers have a casual business environment.
SAS is a tobacco-free company
Smoking or the use of smokeless tobacco products is prohibited in SAS buildings, in company or personal vehicles, or anywhere on the SAS World Headquarters campus. Smoking is also prohibited at all third-party SAS facilities.
Continuing Education Units
When you successfully complete SAS instructor-based training courses, you earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The CEU, a nationally recognized unit of measurement for continuing education courses, is defined as "10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction."
CEUs give you units of measurement for professional development that can be accumulated and documented.
SAS awards 0.6 CEU units for each full day of classroom or Live Web training or 0.3 CEU units for each half-day Live Web session; therefore, for a training class running three full days or a Live Web course running 6 half-day sessions, you earn 1.8 CEUs.
To receive a transcript report of the SAS classes you have taken, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a disability requiring a reasonable accommodation, please send SAS a description (space is provided on the online registration form) of that accommodation along with your advance registration at least ten working days before the course begins.