SAS® Mobile Investigator Features
- Enables you to geographically plot objects on a map.
- Lets you use device location services.
- Allow users to search for information in SAS Visual Investigator.
- Lets you search data based on your current location.
- Lets you search data based on automatically filled-in criteria (e.g., find objects where your name appears).
- Lets you view existing data that resides in SAS Visual Investigator.
- Enables you to receive and act on workflow tasks.
- Can automatically launch workflows upon creation of new data.
- Enables the user to manually start certain workflows if needed.
Creation & editing
- Enables you to create new content from your mobile device.
- Lets you modify or augment existing content.
- Ensures data quality using required fields, or by requiring a user to search for information before creating it.
- Provides smart defaults (automatically populated fields) based on current date, location, user, etc.
- Enables easy administration of mobile properties, page templates, contexts and design mode.
Networks & relationships
- Provides a network view of relationships.
- Lets you add new relationships between objects (reports, people, vehicles, etc.)
- Enables you to enrich relationships by setting relationship attributes.
- Enables you to attach documents associated with an object.
- Lets you view any documents associated with an object.
- Allows you to make attached documents searchable to other users.
- Gives you the ability to write your own plugins to expose your own functionality.
- Enables use of device GPS location.
- Enables use of camera to take photos or videos.
- Enables use of native input types – dropdowns, dates, etc.
- Integrates with native telephone dialing capabilities.
- Includes an online/offline detection system.
Permissions & security
- Lets you manage which users can see certain data.
- Enables you to manage which actions can be taken by certain users.
- Allows you to set individual permissions – for example, allowing read-only access or no access at all.