SAS Energy Forecasting
- Choose the level of forecast automation that's best for you:
- Use fully automated, hands-off forecast generation.
- Import externally developed existing models to use in the software (then automate parameter estimation).
- Build custom models within the software user interface.
- Incorporate ongoing and repeatable forecasting as part of your overall planning process. The solution uses established time-series forecasting methods that can be used throughout the forecasting process.
- Address large-scale enterprise forecasting problems using the solution's client/server architecture.
- Automatically perform large-scale enterprise forecasting tasks.
- Define flexible hierarchies and models through an interactive graphical interface that lets users define hierarchies that are most suitable to their particular forecasting challenges.
- Perform automatic hierarchical forecasting and reconciliation up and down the hierarchy, preserving locked forecast values.
- Generate exception reports based on sound statistical logic and business rules.
Easy to manage
- Supports forecasting as an ongoing and repeated process that fits into your organization's planning workflow.
- Lets you easily customize several aspects of the large-scale forecasting process, including exception rules, model repository and events.
- Allows for discretionary manual overrides of statistical forecast values, and locking of the overrides.
- Generates and saves SAS code, which can be used for subsequent batch processing.