Drive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting IoT analytics in users' hands.
Fuel performance with a powerful, AI-embedded IoT analytics solution.
Extract maximum value from your IoT investments with a complete, AI-embedded IoT analytics solution that meets the challenges of complexity and scale. Regardless of skill level, users can easily access, organize, select and transform IoT data – without having to rely on scarce data scientist resources. Built on SAS® Viya®, the solution's integrated, business-focused interface lets you visually explore external data sources and big data stores like Hadoop with ease. You can quickly select data and launch it into dashboards, reports and analytic tools to make confident, accurate and timely decisions that drive innovation and performance.
Get speed and scalability where and when needed.
Accelerate outcomes from your IoT investments – SAS, third party and open source. Our secure, flexible and scalable IoT analytics solution uses SAS Event Stream Processing with embedded AI to deliver real-time analytics, empowering all types of users to make fast, confident decisions – no coding or specialized skills required. We develop and continuously improve the latest analytic techniques to find those best suited for high-frequency, streaming data. And you can use our industry-leading data management capabilities to make IoT data – generated anywhere – analytics-ready.
Expand the use of IoT analytics and foster collaboration.
SAS Analytics for IoT enables all types of users to transform data into intelligence with an extensible, sensor-based data model and an intuitive, visual interface built on SAS Viya that streamlines ETL tasks. Your entire organization – business users, engineers, data scientists and IT professionals – will collaborate more effectively and be equipped to make timely, confident decisions that propel your business forward.
Get to Know SAS Analytics for IoT
Look Who's Working Smarter With SAS
Using analytics & IoT to predict & manage flood events
The Town of Cary, NC, teamed up with SAS and Microsoft Azure to protect citizens from flooding, safeguard watersheds and support environmentally sound development with a robust set of analytical tools that deliver insight from both real-time and historical data.
Explore More on SAS Analytics for IoT & Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper Optimizing energy use in manufacturing with data and AISAS is helping manufacturers deliver mathematically optimized insights that empower production operators to tune process recipe setpoints, accelerate time to value and provide significant energy cost savings associated with manufacturing processes.
- Article IT/OT convergence: The dilemma of the IoT perception gapTom Bradicich explains why IT/OT convergence is essential for successful IoT projects.
- Article IoT challenges in the connected supply chainThe IoT Is set to revolutionize supply chain management, but there are certain challenges it must overcome first. Here’s what you need to know.
- Article IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
- Customer Story Jakarta Smart City uses IoT analytics to better serve residentsJakarta and SAS team up to create an award-winning approach to public services and disaster management.
- Analyst Report ARC Advisory Group Smart Manufacturing – Factoring in Energy Efficiency Alongside Data and AILearn how SAS has been helping manufacturers meet challenges associated with increased complexity and more stringent competitive and regulatory constraints.
- Article Edge computingWith edge computing, IoT data is processed at the edge of a network where it’s created or collected – avoiding delays and enabling real-time processing and action.
- Customer Story Managing Dutch roads and waterways with intelligenceA modern AI, IoT and analytics platform powered by SAS Viya helps Rijkswaterstaat move from reactive to predictive infrastructure maintenance.
- E-Book Making Sense of AIThis e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
- White Paper The Key Factors Driving IoT SuccessWith the support of SAS, the Internet of Things Institute developed the Internet of Things ROI Research Study to gather real-world insights, lessons learned and future guidance from current users of IoT technology and advanced analytics.
- Customer Story Transforming steelmaking through IoT analyticsSSAB improves production efficiency, product quality and maintenance strategies using sensor data, artificial intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Article Modern manufacturing's triple play: Digital twins, analytics & IoT IoT-powered digital twins revolutionize manufacturing with real-time data analysis, predictive maintenance and optimized production. Discover their transformational impact.
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Article Smart cities, smart energy solutions – thanks to the IoTFind out how Envision America and CPS Energy are using the IoT and analytics to make cities smarter and transform energy programs.
- Article The opportunity of smart grid analyticsWith smart grid analytics, utility companies can control operating costs, improve grid reliability and deliver personalized energy services.
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Customer Story Customer Story & Video IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- White Paper The Internet of Things: Marketing’s Opportunities and Challenges Learn how marketers can apply event-based marketing and real-time marketing capabilities to capitalize on IoT data in the moment by pinpointing significant customer events, which then trigger real-time customer decisions. The result? Best offers delivered in real time, given the consumer’s current context.
- White Paper IoT in Retail: Engaging the Connected Customer How do you make your brick-and-mortar stores as smart as your website so when customers walk in the door, you recognize them and cater to their individual tastes? Learn the key to making in-store shopping as frictionless for your customer as online shopping.
- White Paper The Evolution of AnalyticsLearn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
- Article Game-changing technologies turn IIoT data into goldThe real value of IoT lies in its data. Maciej Kranz says technologies like edge and fog computing, machine learning and AI can unlock the hidden value in data from the IIoT.
- White Paper Edge Computing Index: From Edge to EnterpriseThe Futurum Research survey was conducted to identify attitudes toward edge computing, adoption and deployment data. It also investigated investment intent and trends or points of friction related to this topic. All respondents in the survey were in roles of influence for edge computing investment decisions.
- Article Understanding data in motionLearn how to analyze fast-moving data streams on the fly with event stream processing.
- White Paper The Connected InsurerExplore the opportunities IoT creates, the barriers to its adoption within the insurance industry, and what’s needed to fully exploit the potential of IoT for competitive advantage and growth.
- Article 5 Challenges for IoT in the insurance industryIoT promises to substantially reduce losses in the insurance industry, but adoption is low. That will change when the industry overcomes these five challenges.
- White Paper The Connected Customer: The Why Behind the Internet of ThingsBlue Hill explores the key traits associated with supporting the connected customer through the internet of things, and provides guidance on why the internet of things will be essential across the general business landscape.
- Article The connected consumer: IoT's impact on the future of retailThe IoT and the connected consumer are set to revolutionize retail. Here are a few ways companies can take advantage of technology advancements.
- White Paper Channeling Streaming Data for Competitive AdvantageDiscover how and why innovative companies are transforming business operations by using streaming analytics to extract meaning from live data streams as data is created, and automate reactions to it with millisecond response times.
- Article Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- White Paper Bridging The IoT Perception Gap: Information vs Operational TechnologyFuturum Research surveyed the state of the relationship between IT and OT teams as it pertains to the design, implementation, and creation of value through IoT technologies.
- Customer Story Putting IoT data from connected vehicles to workIveco Group uses SAS Viya on Amazon Web Services to improve vehicle design and remote diagnostics for its trucks.
- Analyst Report IDC Spotlight: Looking Beyond the AI Model to Improve the Value of Computer Vision in Manufacturing OperationsThis IDC Spotlight explores the increasing adoption of computer vision (CV) by manufacturers, and how in order to succeed, they must focus on more than just model development, validation and deployment. SAS delivers a comprehensive portfolio of tools, software and resources – integrated into SAS Viya – to develop and deploy CV solutions.
- Analyst Report Insights from Service Enhance Product Quality and InnovationsLearn how the ability to link warranty service data and insights to improve product quality, service outcome, and customer experiences will drive the future of innovation and excellence.
- Analyst Report AI in Manufacturing: Enabling Business-Driven Factory InnovationsDiscover how analytics solutions from SAS help manufacturing organizations address major business challenges on the shop floor and how to implement and scale AI-enabled process innovations in factories.
- Analyst Report Advanced Analytics Excellence In Discrete ManufacturingThis paper explains how advanced analytics helps discrete manufacturing achieve operational excellence, including potential benefits, the capabilities an organization needs, and how the organization can align with this approach.
- Analyst Report Maximizing Innovation in Digitally Maturing Process ManufacturingThis report outlines the roadmap that digitally maturing process manufacturers must follow to identify and build the core competencies needed to use transformation as a competitive advantage.
- White Paper The Artificial Intelligence of Things We’re living in a world that has more connected devices than humans. See how AI amplifies the value and potential of this fast-growing Internet of Things.
- White Paper AIOT: How IoT Leaders Are Breaking Away (IDC Market Report / AIoT Survey 2019)Read the results of a global study conducted by IDC, which revealed that AI and the IoT are having a bigger-than-expected impact – and leaders report that the AIoT is becoming the key to competing effectively.
- White Paper Analytics and the Modern Energy SupplierFind out why the modern energy supplier must consider how to incorporate IoT and AI in their business operations to improve data-driven decisions and achieve greater return on asset investments.
- White Paper Analytics Accelerates Monetization Opportunities for Connected Vehicle and Mobility ServicesLearn how automakers and their partners are using IoT data and analytics to help them reshape business models, seize new sources of revenue and develop inventive ways to better serve customers.
- E-Book The Non-Geek's A-to-Z Guide to the Internet of ThingsThis A-to-Z guide includes 101 common terms related to the Internet of Things.
- White Paper Securing Your IoT Solution StackLearn why IoT solutions are so difficult to secure, what's needed to secure each layer of the IoT stack, and how SAS uses software like SAS Event Stream Processing to secure the applications layer.
- White Paper How Streaming Data Analytics Enables Real-Time DecisionsLearn how SAS provides extremely high-throughput, low-latency technology to meet whatever streaming analytics your company might want to pursue.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- White Paper Analytics That Matter: A New WorldThis much-anticipated study examines industrial companies’ progress in analytics over the past two years, including the recent impact of COVID-19. The report is based on an LNS Research survey of nearly 6,200 plants.
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
- E-Book Accelerate and improve business outcomes with AIoTOrganizations across multiple industries are using AIoT to improve quality, maximize equipment performance, improve efficiencies and more. Download this e-book to find out how you can reap the same benefits.
- E-Book Streaming analytics: Life happens fast. Are your analytics keeping up?Download this free e-book to find out what streaming analytics is, the unique opportunities it can address and five key success factors for planning your streaming analytics program.
- White Paper Computer vision for product qualityExplore how manufacturers can address product quality challenges with the latest advances in computer vision by using analytics-driven intelligence wherever it’s needed – from the edge to the cloud.
- White Paper TDWI Checklist Report Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoTcustomer data, IoT
- White Paper The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of ThingsExplore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
- White Paper Drive Next-Generation Performance With Real-Time Connected Manufacturing This special report sponsored by SAS, Intel and Hortonworks explores how manufacturers are capitalizing on the promise of the IoT, creating new value streams and revolutionizing the relationship with markets.
- White Paper Drive Next-Generation Customer Experiences with Real-Time Connected Product and Service Analytics SAS, Hortonworks and Intel can help you embrace technologies and processes to anticipate a wide range of customer needs, providing the foundation for next-generation customer experiences.
- White Paper Charging Ahead with EV AnalyticsThis white paper from Navigant Research, sponsored by SAS and Intel, explores the analytics infrastructure that is needed to prepare for and benefit from the growth of EVs
- White Paper Modern manufacturing’s triple play: Digital twins, analytics and the Internet of ThingsTechnologies to recreate a digital version of some of the world’s most complex machines are a new source of opportunity for analytics and the Internet of Things. From use by NASA to manufacturers worldwide, equipment can be monitored from anywhere in the world and beyond.
- E-Book Quality 4.0 Impact and Strategy Handbook Quality 4.0 isn't really a story about technology. It's about how that technology improves culture, collaboration, competency and leadership.
- E-Book Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and how different industries are taking advantage of it.
- E-Book 5 Steps to Accelerate Value From Your Industrial IoT Data This e-book features five steps industrial leaders can follow to get more value from IIoT data. It describes how to craft a comprehensive IIoT strategy, what to look for in an edge-to-enterprise analytics solution, and how to evaluate IIoT solutions.
- Article IoT in health care: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened health care systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in health care.
- Analyst Report Data-Driven Grid Reliability: IoT Sensing and Analytics to Enable Predictive Maintenance and Improve ResiliencyLearn how the emergence of artificial intelligence, IoT sensors, advanced analytics and predictive maintenance within utility distribution systems can significantly improve reliability and build resiliency in the power grid.
- Analyst Report 451 Research: SAS Institute partnering with Semtech and Microsoft to tackle some of the world's toughest quality-of-life challengesThis 451 Research report talks about the partnership between SAS, Semtech and Microsoft to help solve some of society's most costly and difficult challenges with digital technologies, without the associated complexity that often prevents such projects from ever seeing the light of day.
- Analyst Report SAS is a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Streaming Analytics, Q2 2021Forrester says, "SAS Event Stream Processing (ESP) stands out in this evaluation as the platform with the most built-in analytics for machine learning and other advanced analytics."
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things has changed our lives forever. Read about how streaming data in IoT works, and why it has caused such a shift in the analytics world.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Streaming AnalyticsLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Analyst Report SAS: Providing a Comprehensive Approach to the IoT Analytics Life CycleThis IDC Vendor Profile offers IDC's perspective on the IoT strategy of SAS.
- Interview IoT in manufacturing: Voices from the fieldThe Internet of Things (IoT) is a transforming the manufacturing industry. Learn how the concept of connected devices can power smart manufacturing.
- Article Connected vehicles: IoT steers a new direction for OEMsWith IoT and analytics, automakers and their partners can reshape business models, find new ways to monetize data and serve customers better.
- Webinar How Do I Migrate SAS® Event Stream Processing Workloads to Microsoft Azure?Learn how SAS and Microsoft work together to seamlessly migrate SAS Event Stream Processing workloads to Microsoft Azure.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- Article 5 ways to measure beehive health with analytics and hive-streaming dataThis analytical approach to understanding bee hive health can automatically alert beekeepers to changes in hive weights, temperatures, flight activity and more.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Webinar IoT Analytics: How to Make Your IoT Data Work for YouJoin Pinnacle Solutions and SAS to learn how you can use IoT analytics to make your IoT data work for you.
- Article Machine learning, data science and AI meet IoTIn this video, Kirk Borne and Michele Null discuss the intersection of machine learning, AI and data science with IoT data and analytics.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Analytics for IoT.
- SAS® Asset Performance AnalyticsHarness M2M and sensor data to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and reducing your risk of revenue loss.
- SAS® Energy ForecastingImprove energy forecast performance, reduce uncertainties and generate value.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingUse machine learning and streaming analytics to uncover insights at the edge and make real-time, intelligent decisions in the cloud.
- SAS® Field Quality AnalyticsDetect emerging issues and perform root-cause analysis to improve product quality and brand reputation.
- SAS® Production Quality AnalyticsGain a holistic view of quality across the enterprise and throughout the entire supply chain.
- SAS® StudioGet easy, self-sufficient access to enterprise and cloud data sources, data quality functions and an extended flow designer.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsDiscover and explore relationships in data, and share insights.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.