Get the world's most powerful analytics software in the format that's right for you. SAS offers several free and highly discounted software packages in a variety of formats to fit your needs.
Choose the right software for you.
Get free software for teaching and learning SAS skills using SAS foundational technologies – in everything from introductory statistics to advanced quantitative methods classes.
Why choose SAS® University Edition?
- It's free!
- Choose the format that's right for you:
- Download from SAS – Runs locally on Windows, Linux or Mac, no internet connection needed.
- Access via AWS Marketplace – Runs in the cloud, so all you need is a browser and an internet connection. (AWS usage fees may apply.)
- Available to students, educators, academic researchers and independent learners.
Get free, online access to powerful statistical analysis, data mining and forecasting software via the cloud, typically as part of an academic course.
Why choose SAS® OnDemand for Academics?
- It's free!
- Point-and-click functionality means there's no need to program – unless you want to!
- Accessible via the cloud whenever and wherever there's an internet connection.
- Includes up to 5GB of data storage.
- Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Available to students and educators.
- Independent learners and academic researchers can get free access to SAS OnDemand for Academics: Studio.
Easily incorporate data visualization into the classroom. Give students hands-on experience with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics – at no cost, and with no installation. Get free access to world-class analytics and data visualization software through a partnership between SAS and the Teradata University Network.
Why choose Teradata University Network?
- It's free!
- Lets you easily incorporate data visualization into the classroom.
- Gives students hands-on experience with visual data exploration and analysis.
- Provides cloud-based access to the software and related course materials, so there's no installation.
- Includes preloaded data and case studies.
- Available to educators and students enrolled in their classes.
SAS keeps me current in a field that changes every day. And it gives my students a leg up when they go into the work force because they can make decisions from a data warehousing or data mining perspective or a data analysis and data quality perspective that they wouldn't have gotten from a regular database class. Fay Cobb Payton, PhD Associate Professor of Information Technology North Carolina State University