GRC – Compliance
Approach compliance and policy management more consistently and effectively
|Growing regulatory pressures and greater scrutiny from regulators, senior management and boards of directors have made corporations anxious to promote sound policies and procedures that foster business practices that are trustworthy, reliable, effective, efficient, consistent, ethical and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations. As such, organizations in all industries are seeking better integration and strategic alignment of their governance, risk and compliance (GRC) practices.||
" An enterprise GRC solution supports compliance professionals with the documentation, workflow, reporting and visualization of control objectives, controls and associated risks, surveys and self-assessments, testing and remediation."
— Gartner Inc.
Critical Capabilities of Enterprise GRC Platform Vendors, French Caldwell, Nov. 30, 2010
How SAS® Can Help
Adopting a unified, transparent and consistent approach to compliance and policy management – one that lets you manage policies throughout their life cycles – is critical. You also must ensure that staff members are well-informed – with a single point of access to and sufficient training on all laws and regulations that affect their areas of the business – and that policies are well-maintained and updated to reflect any changes. With SAS, you can:
- Define and visualize a 360-degree view of your GRC environment with a single policy lifecycle system that lets you link policies with regulations and associate them with related risks, controls, processes, risk indicators, incidents, issues, etc., in the context of your business operations.
- Continuously monitor policies, compliance processes and regulatory updates by using a single repository to capture compliance-related incidents (e.g., policy violations, regulatory letters of agreement, memorandums of understanding, examination findings, etc.) and facilitate proactive identification of potential compliance issues so you can address them before they invite regulatory actions.
- Manage process and procedure modifications that result from regulatory and legal changes through the use of project templates, action plans and associated workflows.
- Integrate multiple qualitative risk and compliance streams from a variety of industry frameworks – e.g., COSO, AS/NZS, ISO 31000, SOX, ISO 27001, etc.
- Improve the quality of your GRC data by collecting and verifying data from multiple operational systems, consortiums, external content providers and other specialized GRC applications.
- Increase your operating efficiency and reduce operating expenses by using a single system to address the compliance, risk management and auditing functions of your GRC program.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS provides a single environment that combines complete GRC capabilities with comprehensive data management, predictive modeling and optimization, traditional and Web-based reporting, and links to common office productivity tools. SAS gives you:
- The ability to link and visualize 360-degree relationships among GRC data elements – such as risks, controls, policies, regulations, issues, etc. – so you can see the total picture and formulate systematic and holistic plans to address every issue.
- A simple, yet powerful Web access portal that lets you readily analyze and report on virtually any aspect of your GRC program without the need of product enhancement, customization or re-programming.
- Control via a common management console that authenticates users, directs their access to data and processing, and maintains an audit trail of all activities and changes that may occur – eliminating issues of incompatibility among systems and shortening the learning curve.
- A common technology infrastructure with remarkable breadth and depth of GRC-specialized applications that support not only the core functional areas of audit, policy, risk and compliance management, but also emerging areas such as business strategy management, performance management, and strategic and reputation risk management.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS Enterprise GRC – SAS Enterprise GRC strengthens governance and trust with systematic management of risk. It detects and helps prevent violations, allowing you to align strategy with risk appetite. The solution builds a reliable view of risk compliance, facilitates collaboration between GRC teams and reduces the cost of risk management through automation.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.