Meter Life Cycle Analytics
Optimize the metering program from installation through service
" Our experience shows that optimal use of analytics within a smart grid program can help utilities improve customer relationships through more regular and targeted demand response programs, boosting customer loyalty and minimizing wasted marketing spend"
Ten Leading Practices for Smart Grid Analytics
How SAS® Can Help
SAS offers comprehensive capabilities to address all stages of the smart meter life cycle.
- Customer intelligence. SAS helps you optimize management of customer outreach programs, sites, billing and payment schedules, and products and rates. Customer interactions provide situational intelligence that can be used to change service offering outcomes, adjust energy demand or efficiently satisfy customer requests.
- Supply chain intelligence. With SAS, you can reduce product inventory levels - and inventory carrying and expediting costs – while maintaining or increasing customer service levels.
- Strategic and operational planning. You can reduce downtime by using enterprise business intelligence capabilities to gain near-real-time insight into the performance of sites and assets, enabling maintenance engineers to react and solve issues more quickly at every level.
- Regulatory compliance. SAS helps you increase data consistency, enable data-driven decisions and streamline reporting through integrated business intelligence. You can also improve performance by focusing on accountability, measurement and transparency.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS helps companies in the utility industry transition smoothly toward a more customer-centric business model. SAS provides:
- Predictive analytics for all skill levels. Advanced analytics from SAS are just as accessible and meaningful to business leaders as they are to engineers.
- Industry expertise. SAS has utility domain expertise that spans global teams, and it has served utility customers since its founding in 1976.
- Data management. With SAS, you can combine and quickly analyze huge quantities of data, regardless of source and without making changes to your ERP or MDM systems – to make discoveries, solve complex problems, and deploy accurate results and information across the enterprise.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
- Predictive Analytics and Data Mining
- SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
SAS provides an integrated environment of solutions, tools, methodologies and workflows that enables organizations to manage big data as a valued asset, driving both core operational processes and strategic decision making. With these data management capabilities, organizations can make full use of all incoming data to uncover hidden insights and increase competitive edge.
The breadth of SAS DataFlux technologies helps organizations lower costs, increase efficiency and productivity, and provide measurable value. High-performance, scalable solutions ensure that organizations can successfully complete the most demanding data integration, data management and data governance projects.
Predictive Analytics and Data Mining
Today's organizations accumulate huge volumes of data from a variety of sources on a daily basis. However, turning increasingly large amounts of data into useful insights and finding how to better utilize those insights in decision making remains a challenge for most.
To get answers to complex questions and gain an edge in today's marketplace requires powerful, multipurpose predictive analytic solutions so you can learn from, utilize and improve on knowledge gained from vast stores of data. SAS provides a wide range of software for exploring and analyzing data to help uncover unknown patterns, opportunities and insights that can drive proactive, evidence-based decision making within your organization.
SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
SAS Predictive Asset Maintenance helps organizations to accurately predict events that could cause outages and to run their assets at peak performance. The solution uses data integration, automation, analysis and predictive analytics to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and the risk of revenue loss.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.