Customer Analytics for Utilities
Deliver targeted customer contact
Utilities now have the opportunity to optimize management of customer outreach programs, sites and premises, billing and payment schedules, and products and rates. Customer interactions provide situational intelligence that can be used to change service offering outcomes, adjust forecasted energy demand or efficiently satisfy customer requests.
How SAS® Can Help
Every customer interaction is an opportunity to capture data and convert it into knowledge that can improve decision making. With SAS, you can:
- Create an accurate, single view of the customer by consolidating data from every source, using embedded data quality routines to correct, standardize and verify data, then transforming it into a complete picture of the entire customer relationship.
- Use advanced analytic techniques to comply with regulatory guidelines for energy efficiency efforts by discovering how different customer segments consume energy during peak or off-peak hours. Effectively recover debt by gaining insights into the major factors that cause customers to pay late or not at all and adjusting billing strategies and plans accordingly.
- Connect the right offers to the right customer segments by using automated campaign planning to pull more relevant, predictive lists, then pair that information with knowledge of the right opportunities so you can respond to customer needs or opportunities in the generation/transmission value chain.
- Improve organizational decision making by using predictive analytics to model future customer behaviors, forecast growth in demand by various customer segments and optimize utility reactions based on past events.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS provides the most comprehensive suite of analytic marketing solutions available, with all the capabilities needed for a customer-focused marketing process, including:
- Analytic-based segmentation strategies with effective engagement rules. Develop highly targeted segments from insight into a customer's response propensity, attrition potential, cost of service, credit scoring and more; select customers for specific campaigns, and avoid sending inappropriate offers, resulting in better targeting, higher response rates and improved ROI.
- Performance reporting with querying capabilities for deeper analysis. Review campaign effectiveness, analyze segments and their migration paths, understand customer response rates, review channel effectiveness, etc.
- Superior data management and quality. Cleanse marketing data with automated data quality tools that let you minimize duplicate or multiple offers to the same household to ensure greater accuracy and effectiveness, and lower cost.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Marketing Automation
SAS Marketing Automation is a comprehensive solution to plan, test and execute marketing campaigns so you can improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness. By increasing retention and driving higher rates of new customer acquisitions, it can help you achieve a better return on investment and a healthier bottom line.
SAS Data Integration forms the solid foundation needed to support your enterprise information management needs. From within a single point of administration, it provides capabilities for:
- Enterprise data access and processing across systems and platforms.
- Integrated data quality, which is critical to producing accurate, consistent information.
- Comprehensive data governance programs that enhance the success of your data-centric goals.
- An interactive, visual data integration development environment that enables collaboration and easy reusability.
SAS® Business Analytics
To lead your organization in today’s challenging economic climate, you need fact-based answers that you and others can believe in. Traditional approaches to decision support have not yielded optimal results. SAS provides the world’s best analytics embedded in a framework that supports the entire decision making process. This helps our customers find answers to immediate business issues and implement their visions for the future.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.