Consolidate, cleanse and extract value from vast quantities of E&P data
Upstream oil and gas operations require data quality for complete and accurate seismic data for analysis in exploration as well as dispersed production engineering teams' collaboration on strategic plans based on detailed sensor data. In spite of today's data quality challenges, many organizations have not adopted technology to deliver improvements and efficiencies in data management.
" Applying any rules we want to the data gives us more control over the five-step safety barrier process, providing knowledge we can apply in a preventative way. With SAS, we can see what's under control and what isn't."
— Pål Navestad
Senior Advisor Maintenance/IT
How SAS® Can Help
Integrating, upgrading and consolidating E&P data sources is a necessary component of long-term operational and business planning that also enhances the effectiveness of day-to-day decision making. With SAS, you can:
Build confidence that data is timely, correct and useful. To maximize ROI from better exploration and production decisions, SAS offers:
- Data profiling: Assess your organization's data, examining the structure, completeness, suitability and relationships of your information assets.
- Data enrichment: Append geographic, demographic, product hierarchy, or other internal or external information to your data.
- Data monitoring: Create customized rules to validate and audit operational processes and automate the enforcement of business rules in batch or real time across the enterprise.
- Data consolidation: Profile data to understand the actual content of the data before ETL, and ensure that the data brought over is consistent and useful. Consolidate and integrate data within business intelligence environments to enhance the value of data used to make critical business decisions.
Optimize data flow and improve data governance. To reduce the cost of doing business by using streamlined, automated transactions, SAS lets you:
- Establish business rules for the integration and updating of data for decision support.
- Manage a single, consistent set of policies and processes for monitoring and managing all corporate data.
- Ensure that high-quality, high-value information drives the business.
Increase productivity while reducing manual data entry that carries the risk of human error. Reduce time spent on investigating, validating and correcting data issues to free up time to find and manage reserves:
- Build a single, accurate view of enterprise data.
- Intelligently consolidate and manage data – and deliver a more unified view of the enterprise across applications and platforms.
- Integrate information from existing data sources, apply cleansing and augmentation techniques, then feed necessary information back to the sources, creating accurate and consistent data in multiple systems across the enterprise.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS enables you to combine and analyze huge quantities of data to make discoveries, solve complex problems and deploy accurate results and information throughout the enterprise.
- An integrated and comprehensive solution. Designed to work together in an integrated fashion, SAS provides all the features you need to analyze data strengths and weaknesses and manage enterprise data governance initiatives.
- Continued confidence that your data is trustworthy. Profile, monitor and actively manage the quality of enterprise data.
- An enterprisewide view of data. Standardize data across multiple systems and business units to gain a real enterprise view that takes advantage of all your data.
- Flexible architecture and delivery options. SAS provides the flexibility to build the right solution for your specific upstream exploration and production needs.
As the oil and gas industry continues to face challenges in securing supply and optimizing production, the flexible data management architecture of SAS can be a competitive differentiator for advanced decision support and performance management.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Data Quality Solution
SAS Data Quality Solution provides an enterprise solution for profiling, cleansing, augmenting and integrating data to create consistent, reliable information. With SAS Data Quality Solution you can automatically incorporate data quality into data integration and business intelligence projects to dramatically improve returns on your organization's strategic initiatives.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.