Oilfield Production Forecasting
Improve reliability of reserve estimates to enhance exploration and production plans
" For the oil and gas industry, production forecasting is a highly complex task, and as such requires an advanced analytical engine to achieve robust forecasts ."
— Jill Feblowitz
IDC Energy Insights
How SAS® Can Help
Adopting an advanced analysis of decline curves methodology provides important forecasting results for future production from a single well or multiple wells across reservoirs and fields. With SAS, you can:
- Access well and reservoir data quickly and easily with an intuitive graphical user interface that integrates and profiles forecasting data, identifies outliers and missing values, and lets you select appropriate treatment strategies.
- Apply analytical functions consistently across the organization with a forecasting solution that automatically selects the best forecast model, but allows human intervention and benchmarking for repeatability. For gas reservoirs, multiple embedded water encroachment models are available.
- Perform decline analysis quickly and flexibly with a robust analytical engine that provides what-if scenarios to model EUR based on a predefined range of easily adjustable, industry-standard default values.
- Estimate unconventional sources of well production more accurately using best-fit prediction that utilizes smaller data sets when large volumes of historical data are not available.
How SAS® Is Different
With highly automated, rigorous analytical techniques from SAS, you can optimize production, improve reserve estimation accuracy and generate reliable results for financial reporting on proven, probable and possible assets. SAS provides:
- Comprehensive data integration. Unlike most decline curve analysis methods, SAS solutions normalize distributions, look for outliers and patterns within data to identify rogue values, and ensure compatibility of data sets with curve type selection.
- What-if analyses. Better predictions result from evaluating performance of wells and reservoirs under simulated business and environmental conditions.
- Comprehensive business intelligence capabilities. A Web-based solution that integrates with existing data sources to establish a user-friendly, repeatable decision support foundation – enabling rapid identification and visualization of problematic wells or reservoirs with off-target production.
- Probabilistic forecasts. Advanced analytical approaches go beyond business as usual to quantify measures of uncertainty, increase robustness of forecasts and deepen understanding of oilfield performance.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Enterprise BI Server
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Integration Technologies
SAS® Enterprise BI Server
SAS® Enterprise BI Server is a comprehensive, easy-to-use business intelligence software solution that integrates the power of SAS Analytics and SAS Data Management to provide insights that power better decisions. It includes role-based, self-service interfaces for all types of users within a well-defined IT governance framework and a centralized point of administration. This helps organizations simplify and speed business intelligence deployment.
SAS/ETS offers a broad array of econometric, time series and forecasting techniques that enable modeling, forecasting and simulation of business processes for improved strategic and tactical planning. It can help you understand the effect that factors such as economic and market conditions, customer demographics, pricing decisions and marketing activities have on your business.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Integration Technologies
SAS Integration Technologies expands the choices available for exploiting and integrating SAS intelligence in existing enterprise structures. It helps to quickly deliver intelligence applications to business users, and provides flexibility by reusing existing infrastructure and resources.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.