Exploration and Production Optimization
Manage risk and subsurface uncertainty in upstream assets
With nearly three decades of experience working with oil and gas companies to help them achieve organizational improvements that have a direct impact on the bottom line, SAS develops solutions that enable more reliable drilling plans, improved secondary and tertiary recovery strategies, and a more comprehensive portfolio analysis of upstream assets.
How SAS® Can Help
Data integration, risk assessment and quantification of uncertainty are key issues in petroleum exploration and development. With SAS, you can:
- Improve the quality of data you rely on for critical decisions by integrating relevant data from multiple monitoring and surveillance systems across all GGRE disciplines into a unified view and automating all critical preprocessing tasks.
- Increase the reliability of reserves information using advanced modeling to generate reservoir models that truly reflect the spatial relationships between geological elements and their petrophysical properties – whether anisotropic or isotropic in nature.
- Optimize shale gas exploration before deploying assets or selecting fracing techniques.
- Predict unplanned events so you can take steps to mitigate their impact by using predictive analytics based on workflow rules that you define.
- More accurately determine reservoir properties, such as porosity and permeability, using spatial analytics that incorporate variograms, kriging and simulation.
- Increase decision support across disparate upstream disciplines by using data mining to create accurate predictive and descriptive models based on enterprise data collected from geology, geophysics, petrology and reservoir engineering.
Present probabilistic results in a dashboard environment using flexible reporting capabilities that let you quantify uncertainty, provision fundamental and imperative flow simulation input, and mitigate potential risk.
How SAS® Is Different
Successfully overcoming the challenges associated with oil and gas reservoir optimization depends on your ability to integrate GGRE data, quantitatively describe heterogeneity and comprehend the range of uncertainty. SAS provides you with those abilities through:
- Powerful data integration. SAS provides an unmatched ability to collect and transform multiple, siloed data sources into a unified body of knowledge.
- Collaborative business intelligence. SAS delivers crucial technology that enables key team members to view and understand important analysis about well placement, stimulation strategies and well performance.
- Predictive and spatial analytics. Award-winning, proven and reliable, SAS Analytics provide the foundation for improved decision making across GGRE silos.
Flexibility and scalability. SAS can grow and change along with you, adding new functionality as needs arise, so your potential for continual improvement never ends.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.