After implementing SAS' content analytics solution, Tribune Company now has the ability to quickly and accurately define, apply and push the right content, in the right context, to the right audience in the most effective way.
How SAS® Can Help
SAS provides digital publishers with text analytics that make it easier to manage large amounts of digital data. Content analytics complement your current digital publishing strategy to enable you to analyze, report, predict and optimize content performance. SAS provides software and services to help you:
- Enable consumers to find information they need, when they need it by generating rich metadata to retrieve and deploy only the most meaningful material related to a consumer's interests.
- Improve search-and-query content retrieval using semantic terms, attributes and their associations to identify key interrelationships between seemingly unrelated content repositories.
- Evaluate sentiment and monitor changes over time while continuously improving the consumer experience by using the power of statistical machine learning with advanced linguistic methods to accurately understand the sentiment buried within textual data – allowing you to spot trends before they become viral and identify consumers' priorities.
- Capitalize on the value hidden in textual information by implementing intelligent algorithms and natural language processing techniques, enabling you to automatically generate time-consuming activities such as theme identification, tagging, topic library building and document index creation.
- Enhance the discovery process by uncovering associations and relationships to proactively identify trends and business opportunities by importing custom (known) entities and using data-driven methods to uncover buried relationships and identify concepts across content collections.
Increase the value of your digital properties' advertising inventory by applying your knowledge of content consumer segments to increase relevance and engagement.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS couples statistical rigor with business rules to more intelligently optimize content performance. Because SAS is built to be scalable and can handle large amounts of data (structured, semistructured and unstructured), it succeeds where niche content vendors fall short with their less scalable spreadsheet approaches. Only SAS enables you to:
- Improve search and traffic performance. SAS provides the ability to surface relevant content metadata that can be augmented and automated to scale across large content stores.
- Support multiple content types and platforms. Text, mobile and tablet – each type of content stream and platform has its own metadata library and lexicon, but SAS consolidates them all into one accessible collection.
- Access world-class support. We provide assurance that if there are problems, you will have access to quick and deep knowledge support to help you recover from issues and minimize frustration and downtime.
- Choose solution delivery options. SAS provides a hosted-solution option to customers that lack the hardware or resources to perform a software implementation.
- Access our center of excellence and professional services delivery consultants. SAS provides advertising yield and forecasting expertise and implementation expertise to facilitate software configuration, implementation and deployment, thereby reducing the risk of missing target deadlines.
- Collaboration with SAS. The SAS product management team holds users meetings to gather feedback and develops solution enhancements in accordance with our customers' (and the marketplace's) needs.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Text Analytics
SAS Text Analytics help organizations address many big data issues that arise from unstructured content by applying linguistic rules and statistical methods to automatically assess, analyze and act upon the insight buried in electronic text – such as social media content, call center logs, survey data, email, loan applications, service notes, and insurance or warranty claims.
SAS helps you incorporate these insights to create new metadata for search and document retrieval relevancy and to improve predictive accuracy, provide greater understanding to organizational reports and streamline business priorities – driving proactive, evidence-based business decisions.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions. Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.