Using SAS, Meredith, a large US media and marking company, experienced an increase in:
• New customer acquisition, customer reactivation and cross-promotion for magazines, books, television stations and websites.
• Ratings for its television stations and the number of website visitors and page views (up 20 percent).
How SAS® Can Help
SAS can provide a way to aggregate audience data and capture the true picture of your audience and how to capitalize on business opportunities (increase advertising revenue, reduce marketing spending, etc.). With SAS you can:
- Deliver the right message to the right audience by using more effective analytical methods. Combining data from the Web, ad servers and content management systems provides a good foundation for segmentation analysis because you need to ensure segments are grouped in a way the data dictates rather than using preconceived biases.
- Frequent refreshments of segmentation models. With the fast pace of change in the media industry, segmentation models must be continuously updated. This means models, along with the underlying data, must be managed for optimal performance.
Integrate all necessary audience data and verify its accuracy. SAS enables you to access and integrate cookie-level data to obtain a complete view of the audience across all touch points.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS uses your data to create a profile to determine how audiences relate to each other, define the most valuable audience segments and decide which variables are most important and influential to a segment's behavior. SAS enables you to:
- Support only one system using an integrated platform that reduces operational costs.
- Simplify the management of large data volumes because cleansing and correcting data problems are laborious tasks that can consume valuable resources.
- Get information into the hands of decision makers whether it is via a Web portal, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office tools or an enterprise business intelligence solution.
- Gain access to a deep knowledge base because SAS technical support is available to help recover from issues quickly, minimizing frustration and downtime.
- Choose a hosted-solution plan if you lack the hardware or resources for a software implementation and require a different payment structure.
- Access subject-matter experts and implementation expertise to facilitate software configuration, implementation and deployment, thereby reducing the risk of missing target deadlines.
Provide direct feedback as a business partner through user meetings in which SAS gathers feedback and develops software in accordance with customers' needs.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions. Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence gives you the information you need, when you need it, in the right format. By integrating data from across your enterprise and delivering self-service reporting and analysis, IT spends less time responding to requests and business users spend less time looking for information. SAS Business Intelligence also offers an integrated, robust and flexible presentation layer for the full breadth of SAS Analytics capabilities, including statistics, predictive analytics, data and text mining, forecasting, and optimization – all integrated within the business context for better, faster decision making.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.