Advertising Yield Optimization
A major sports brand implemented SAS' solution and realized an 8 percent to 10 percent increase in advertising revenue through more accurate forecasting and pricing. Under- and over-delivery is no longer a business issue.
How SAS® Can Help
SAS provides a customizable, scalable, enterprise-level advertising yield solution – similar to solutions for other industries that have large data sets, perishable inventory and forecasting and pricing challenges. We provide software and services to help:
- Accurately and efficiently forecast complex advertising inventories and products through integration of ad server data, sales proposal information and site, section and product delivery levels.
- Provide pricing support by forecasting demand and pricing trends using an intuitive interface that allows analysts to build scenarios, run forecasts and visualize the results.
- Enable the highest data quality and validity to forecast and price inventory via automated data mining and data integration to identify any changes or problems.
Integrate new third-party data sets without having to reconstruct the platform or deal with third-party vendors that only handle one area (remnant, video, behavioral, etc.) by having one data integration platform.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS' unique approach to advertising yield optimization combines the world's most powerful analytics, data integration, accurate forecasting, simplified scenario planning, and the most comprehensive service and support. SAS enables you to:
- Reduce operational costs because you will only need to support one system for data integration and data quality management.
- Manage complicated product portfolios with overlapping inventories and cross-site, section and subsection activities to deliver accurate and reliable results.
- Solve business optimization problems easily by goal seeking, constraining and quickly identifying issues.
- Create a customized solution with modules – data management, forecasting, pricing, reporting and optimization – for a step-by-step approach to an advertising analytics road map.
- Access world-class support with the knowledge that if there are problems, SAS provides quick and deep knowledge support to help recover from issues quickly and minimize frustration and downtime.
- Choose a hosted solution plan if you lack the hardware or resources to perform a software implementation and require a different payment structure.
- Access advertising yield, forecasting and implementation expertise to facilitate software configuration, implementation and deployment, thereby reducing the risk of missing target deadlines.
Collaborate with SAS as a business partner via user meetings and feedback to influence ongoing development in alignment with customers and marketplace needs.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Intelligent Advertising for Publishers
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
- SAS® Business Intelligence
SAS® Intelligent Advertising for Publishers
While ad servers are essential in online advertising, ad serving technologies are not all the same. For instance, traditional ad server technologies are not equipped to deal with challenges such as inventory forecasting, competition for ad dollars, complex technologies and sales performance management. They cannot analyze data, nor can they act on the analysis. But what if your ad server could turn the data from your digital ad delivery process into insight? What if your users had a simple way to take action on what they learn?
SAS Intelligent Advertising for Publishers goes beyond ad serving to seamlessly gather and present data to enable precision forecasting, decision optimization, inventory management and sales performance reporting.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities allow transactional data to be converted to a time series format and forecast, all in one step, or the converted data can be fed into a forecasting data mart as part of an overall data-processing function. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources. And the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
SAS® Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence gives you the information you need, when you need it, in the right format. By integrating data from across your enterprise and delivering self-service reporting and analysis, IT spends less time responding to requests and business users spend less time looking for information. SAS Business Intelligence also offers an integrated, robust and flexible presentation layer for the full breadth of SAS Analytics capabilities, including statistics, predictive analytics, data and text mining, forecasting, and optimization – all integrated within the business context for better, faster decision making.
To meet the reporting needs of smaller organizations, SAS offers solutions geared specifically for small and midsize businesses. Discover how SAS can help.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.