Managed Markets Contract Effectiveness
Balance profitability and formulary access for managed markets contracts
Rebates and discounts can be as large as pharmaceutical R&D budgets. SAS can help you realize multimillion-dollar cost savings with an end-to-end solution for optimizing your rebate programs by shaping your contracting strategy, negotiations and performance.
How SAS® Can Help
In order to drive successful managed markets strategies, life sciences companies need the ability to make data-driven decisions about the proper rebate levels to offer payers in exchange for optimal tier commitments. SAS approaches managed markets by providing solutions and services to help you:
- Overcome data challenges so you gain access to complete, trustworthy data that can be transformed, cleansed and made available for managed market analysis.
- Negotiate innovative managed market contracts using the best business analytics capabilities available for what-if analyses, predictive modeling and revenue forecasting to ensure that evolving market dynamics are considered and reported.
- Easily monitor the performance of managed market contracts using an integrated reporting framework that includes scorecards and contract performance reports for measuring and monitoring parameters (e.g., plan enrollment, total prescriptions at copay levels and contract status).
How SAS® Is Different
SAS enables you to take control of your managed markets budget with the best combination of data management, business analytics and industry expertise, designed to deliver insight for fueling fact-based decisions. Only SAS provides:
- A single data management environment. Gain full access to trusted data – regardless of computing platform or location – so you can overcome the challenges associated with integrating all the data sources that can provide insight into contract effectiveness.
- Advanced, predictive modeling. Use what-if modeling against hundreds or even thousands of variables to assess the effect of various rebate scenarios on key factors, such as tier or restriction status, market share or sales volume.
- A fully integrated business analytics framework. Take advantage of the best analytic and reporting technologies available to deliver fact-based decision making for managed market organizations.
- Industry and domain expertise. Tap into the collective knowledge of SAS' industry and domain experts, who understand the importance of fact-based decisions in managed markets and commercial operations.
- Flexible implementation options. Choose the approach that works best for your organization, with a solution that can be hosted by SAS or delivered as an on-site solution.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Enterprise BI Server
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
- SAS® Model Manager
SAS® Enterprise BI Server
SAS® Enterprise BI Server is a comprehensive, easy-to-use business intelligence software solution that integrates the power of SAS Analytics and SAS Data Management to provide insights that power better decisions. It includes role-based, self-service interfaces for all types of users within a well-defined IT governance framework and a centralized point of administration. This helps organizations simplify and speed business intelligence deployment.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Model Manager
Analytical models are high-value assets that play an important role in making better decisions. SAS Model Manager provides a common framework to support full lifecycle management and governance of models. It streamlines analytical modeling processes so you can quickly put "best" models into production. The performance monitoring and retraining capabilities help users take quick actions if model performance is degrading, which could ultimately affect business outcomes.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.