Drug and Device Development
Get better therapies to market faster
" The power to get to know your compound better by using SAS Drug Development will translate into improved earnings through shorter time to market and decreased development costs."
Director of Global Biometrics, Solvay Pharmaceuticals
How SAS® Can Help
SAS drives innovation by providing industry-specific solutions and an analytics framework that promote rapid, efficient information sharing and streamline information processes while improving the validity and safety of clinical trials. SAS enables you to:
- Easily access and aggregate the clinical data needed for analysis by accessing, transforming and standardizing diverse data sources into a unified clinical knowledge base that provides global access to clinical information.
- Deliver rapid clinical insights using core statistical analysis, data visualization capabilities and advanced analytics – such as data and text mining, forecasting and optimization – to adapt trial designs, halt unproductive trials, accelerate promising clinical programs or optimize clinical trial operations.
- Assess which trial designs are most likely to achieve desired goals – and weed out ineffective trial designs before they start – by performing clinical trial simulations that apply a variety of trial design scenarios to data models developed from real trials.
- Easily and seamlessly implement industry standards such as CDISC, since relevant standards support is built into our core software.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS provides the most accurate, consistent and reliable analysis of biopharmaceutical data and information available in the industry. With SAS, you get:
- Superior data management. SAS provides easy access to standard, trusted data, regardless of computing platform or location, while enabling you to get the most out of your existing investments in legacy systems and resources.
- Advanced business analytics. SAS provides the best analytic and reporting technologies for your drug and device development projects, giving users the power and flexibility to assess data, produce presentation-ready statistical summaries of clinical trials data, and share the results rapidly with researchers and reviewers.
- Industry experience and domain expertise. For more than 34 years, life sciences companies have used SAS to derive greater insight from information, and our domain experts provide critical insight into drug and device development issues. SAS is globally recognized as the industry leader in business analytics and the de facto standard for clinical data analysis and reporting in life sciences.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Drug Development
- SAS® Clinical Data Integration
- SAS® OnDemand: Drug Development
- SAS® Analytics Pro
- SAS® Text Miner
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
- SAS® Enterprise BI Server
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Grid Manager
- SAS® Enterprise Content Categorization
SAS® Drug Development
SAS Drug Development enables the efficient development, execution and management of analysis and reporting activities for clinical research. The solution is the only clinical repository that provides seamless integration with the SAS program development and execution environment, along with workflow capabilities that streamline processes and ease project management for analysis and reporting.
SAS® Clinical Data Integration
SAS Clinical Data Integration organizes, standardizes and manages clinical research data and metadata. It provides the foundation you need to ensure standard, trusted clinical data to support strategic analyses, such as cross-study and advanced safety analysis. With SAS, you can gain both speed and efficiency by automating repeatable clinical data integration tasks.
SAS® OnDemand: Drug Development
SAS OnDemand: Drug Development provides a centralized, controlled and compliance-enabling platform for efficiently developing, executing and managing the transformation, analysis and submission of clinical research data. The solution was designed to bring the value of the enterprise SAS Drug Development solution to small and midsize businesses.
SAS® Analytics Pro
With SAS Analytics Pro, users can access, manipulate, analyze and present information. It combines three of SAS' most popular software products: Base SAS®, SAS/STAT® and SAS/GRAPH®. However, because it works on the desktop, IT does not have to provide resource-intensive support. Users are able to access the data from nearly any source.
SAS® Text Miner
SAS Text Miner discovers themes, patterns, emerging issues and insights buried in document collections. By automatically reading text and delivering algorithms for rigorous, advanced analyses, the solution makes it possible to grasp future trends and act on new opportunities more precisely and with less risk. It includes advanced linguistic capabilities within the core data mining solution of SAS® Enterprise Miner™ so you can easily extend text mining insights into structured data mining and predictive analysis.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Enterprise BI Server
SAS Enterprise BI Server is a comprehensive, easy-to-use business intelligence software solution that integrates the power of SAS Analytics and SAS Data Management to provide insights that power better decisions. It includes role-based, self-service interfaces for all types of users within a well-defined IT governance framework and a centralized point of administration. This helps organizations simplify and speed business intelligence deployment.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Grid Manager
As organizations' use of business analytics grows, so does the need for a flexible IT infrastructure – one that can scale cost-effectively, meet peak demands and manage growing, increasingly diverse user workloads. SAS Grid Manager delivers grid computing capabilities, enabling organizations to create a managed, shared environment for processing large volumes of data and analytic programs.
SAS® Enterprise Content Categorization
SAS Enterprise Content Categorization applies natural language processing (NLP) and advanced linguistic techniques to identify key topics and phrases in electronic text – automatically categorizing large volumes of multilingual content that is acquired, generated or exists in a repository. It drives faster, more efficient information insight, organization and delivery by reducing manual tagging and indexing efforts. It also improves collaborative knowledge development, retention and sharing.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.