Derive maximum benefit from sales and marketing spending
Using SAS, a leading pharmaceutical company experienced a 43 percent lift in prescriptions, which increased revenue during the critical product launch period.
How SAS® Can Help
Pharmaceutical sales and marketing strategies often fall short of their full potential because they rely on instinct or intuition rather than fact-based decision making. With SAS, you can:
- Aggregate the best internal and purchased information into an analysis-ready format by accessing, transforming and cleansing large volumes of sales and marketing data from virtually any source – prescriptions, CRM, current targeting data, longitudinal patient data, physician profile data, managed care data, etc. – and analyzing it to identify trends and aid key business decisions.
Deliver rapid sales and marketing insights and predict what's likely to happen in the future using the industry’s widest portfolio of reporting, advanced analytics, algorithms, mathematical data manipulation and modeling capabilities to:
- Evaluate the promotional mix.
- Generate more effective physician target lists.
- Understand social media sentiment for your brands.
- Forecast market demand.
- Model incentive compensation programs.
- Conduct effective market research.
- Improve sampling.
- Optimize salesforce design and sizing.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS enables you to take control of your commercial analytics and reporting strategy – combining your own proprietary intelligence with SAS Business Analytics software and expertise. With SAS, you get:
- A single data management environment. Gain full access to standard, trusted data, regardless of computing platform or location, so you can overcome the challenges associated with integrating prescription, CRM, physician, patient or managed care data – plus any other data source that could provide insight into a future targeting strategy.
- Advanced, predictive modeling. Conduct detailed targeting using a broad range of predictive modeling techniques based on a multitiered targeting intelligence framework.
- Comprehensive business intelligence. Visualize results across the organization and deliver intelligence at the point of execution, enabling those who need it to access information in their preferred format.
- A fully integrated business analytics framework. SAS provides the best analytic and reporting technologies available to foster fact-based decision making in sales and marketing.
- Industry experience and domain expertise. SAS has invested heavily in domain experts who understand commercial operations in life sciences.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Analytics Pro
- SAS® Data Management
- SAS® Enterprise BI Server
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Grid Manager
- SAS® Text Miner
SAS® Analytics Pro
With SAS Analytics Pro, users can access, manipulate, analyze and present information. It combines three of SAS' most popular software products: Base SAS®, SAS/STAT® and SAS/GRAPH®. However, because it works on the desktop, IT does not have to provide resource-intensive support. Users are able to access the data from nearly any source.
SAS® Data Management
Every decision and every business system requires good data. To make good decisions – and feed the applications that empower the enterprise – you need data that you can trust. Data that provides an accurate picture of your organization. Data that is consistent across sources. Data that is right.
But how do you get that clarity when you have an IT environment of multiple and differentiated data sources. Or when you're drowning in big data?
SAS Data Management is a comprehensive technology designed to meet your requirements for better, more reliable data. From a single point of administration, you can:
- Access critical data independent of systems and platforms.
- Produce accurate, correct and consistent information – from all sources.
- Manage data governance initiatives to apply compliance and business policies.
- Integrate data in a graphical environment, trace lineage, orchestrate processing and collaborate with others – reusing work from other projects.
SAS® Enterprise BI Server
SAS Enterprise BI Server is a comprehensive, easy-to-use business intelligence software solution that integrates the power of SAS Analytics and SAS Data Management to provide insights that power better decisions. It includes role-based, self-service interfaces for all types of users within a well-defined IT governance framework and a centralized point of administration. This helps organizations simplify and speed business intelligence deployment.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities allow transactional data to be converted to a time series format and forecast, all in one step, or the converted data can be fed into a forecasting data mart as part of an overall data-processing function. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources. And the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS® Grid Manager
As organizations' use of business analytics grows, so does the need for a flexible IT infrastructure – one that can scale cost-effectively, meet peak demands and manage growing, increasingly diverse user workloads. SAS Grid Manager delivers grid computing capabilities, enabling organizations to create a managed, shared environment for processing large volumes of data and analytic programs.
SAS® Text Miner
SAS Text Miner discovers themes, patterns, emerging issues and insights buried in document collections. By automatically reading text and delivering algorithms for rigorous, advanced analyses, the solution makes it possible to grasp future trends and act on new opportunities more precisely and with less risk. It includes advanced linguistic capabilities within the core data mining solution of SAS® Enterprise Miner™ so you can easily extend text mining insights into structured data mining and predictive analysis.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.