Workforce Planning for Hotels
A large casino resort company achieved the following using SAS:
- Employees all work with the same data, enabling more focused management.
- Stakeholders can drill into key indicators to locate problem areas.
- The decision-making process is more structured and streamlined.
How SAS® Can Help
SAS approaches the problem by providing software and services to help you:
- Build an accurate and cost-effective labor schedule by providing an accurate demand forecast and the right number of staff to meet that demand.
- Reduce costs, increase revenue and drive profits by balancing demand with available labor by building an accurate labor plan in advance and alerting you when operating conditions change.
- Accelerate the process of building a labor schedule with our easy-to-use interfaces that provide managers with labor needs by relevant period and the ability to quickly analyze and change recommendations as needed.
- Make better hiring, deployment and service design decisions with root-cause analysis to help analyze operational data so you can understand the variables that affect service volumes, customer behavior and employee performance.
- Optimize staff performance by monitoring employee performance and ranking so you have speedy insights on how employees are performing against the KPIs that are important.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS provides:
- Superior analytics. No other solution provides the complete range of analytical sup¬port necessary for generating accurate demand forecasts, recommending staffing levels to meet demand while minimizing labor costs, and understanding the operational performance factors that will improve hiring, deployment and service design decisions.
- Market-leading data management and data quality. With SAS, you can access, integrate and cleanse data from your disparate operating systems to build a complete picture of the factors that influence labor needs.
- Root-cause analysis and employee performance statistics. SAS equips you to perform root-cause analysis to determine the factors affecting service volume, consumer behavior and operational performance.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Financial Management
- SAS® Contact Center Planning and Optimization
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS/ETS offers a broad array of econometric, time series and forecasting techniques that enable modeling, forecasting and simulation of business processes for improved strategic and tactical planning. It can help you understand the effect that factors such as economic and market conditions, customer demographics, pricing decisions and marketing activities have on your business.
SAS® Financial Management
SAS® Financial Management is a comprehensive solution for enterprise planning, budgeting, consolidation and reporting. With a proprietary calculation engine and accounting logic, this remarkable solution consolidates planning or historical information on demand, ensuring that the latest information is always available for decision makers and regulatory agencies.
SAS® Contact Center Planning and Optimization
Use the strength and expertise of SAS Business Analytics to reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction and retention. We enable you to better predict service volume, optimize staffing and identify drivers of customer behavior, service demand and performance.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.