Revenue Optimization for Casinos
" Within a 12-month period following the June 2009 implementation, we saw an increase of 4.6 percent in our AWR [average weekly rate], which is analogous to ADR [average daily rate] on the hotel side. Clearly our RevPAR metric goes up by a similar amount: 4.6 percent. We also stemmed the decline in our occupancy that we had been seeing for the five years before the implementation. These were very encouraging results – actually a little bit better than what we had expected."
— Jeremy TerBush, Vice President of Revenue Management and Analytics at Wyndham Exchange and Rentals
How SAS® Can Help
We provide software and services to help you:
- Increase revenue and profits. SAS software's pricing algorithms provide the confidence that you're making the best decisions that make the most of limited capacity.
- Reduce the risk of aggressive pricing policies. Calculate price sensitivity of demand for your hotel, so pricing decisions consider the effect of your competitors’ prices on your demand.
- Increase forecast accuracy to drive better decisions. You can automatically select the best method for each forecast and use optimized forecast parameters to get the most accurate forecast possible.
- Design pricing strategies to attract the most valuable demand and protect against volatility. Get detailed forecasts of demand by room type, market segment, day of week, special events or any detail that matters to your business to maximize your revenue potential.
- Optimize propertywide revenue and profits across all revenue-generating assets. Incorporate a 360-degree view of patron value into the revenue optimization decision, ensuring sleeping rooms are reserved for the most valuable patrons.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS offers tools and solutions to improve forecast accuracy, make better decisions faster and maximize revenue from your limited capacity, including:
- A portfolio of solutions to meet every need. Whether you are new to pricing and need a phased approach, want to update an existing solution, need a prebuilt solution, want to build a proprietary solution, or even if you just need some consulting help to build a revenue management culture, SAS and our wholly owned subsidiary, IDeaS, can solve your most complex pricing problems.
- Forecasting solutions with optimized model selection. Our industry-leading forecasting engine automatically identifies the best forecasting model for each forecast and optimizes model parameters to give you more accurate forecasts for better pricing recommendations.
- Highly flexible analytics to incorporate customer-specific data and requirements. Our analytics are customizable so you can use standard inputs and constraints, or criteria that are unique to your business, to help ensure your prices are perfectly tuned to your operating conditions.
- Flexible and configurable reporting. Our business intelligence tools provide the means for delivering exactly and only the information decision makers need to see, when and where they need to see it.
- Integration with legacy client environments. Reduce the complexity of implementing an off-the-shelf solution by incorporating our analytics into your existing solutions to get revenue improvement from better analytics while minimizing the disruption to users.
Related Products and Solutions
- IDeaS, a SAS Company
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Forecast Server
- SAS® Revenue Management and Price Optimization Analytics for Hospitality and Travel
IDeaS, a SAS Company
SAS acquired IDeaS Revenue Optimization in 2008 to form a key part of our hospitality and travel portfolio. IDeaS Revenue Optimization provides critical pricing, forecasting and optimization solutions that enable hotel, travel and transportation companies to understand, anticipate and react to consumer behavior in order to optimize companywide revenue and profits. IDeaS' revenue management solutions are offered via software-as-a-service (SaaS) deployment, guaranteeing low up-front costs and easy implementation.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
SAS® Revenue Management and Price Optimization Analytics for Hospitality and Travel
SAS Revenue Management and Price Optimization Analytics is an analytic package that facilitates the development of proprietary revenue management and price optimization capabilities. This product helps increase revenue by using advanced revenue management and price optimization demand modeling and forecasting techniques.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.