Data Quality for Casinos
Poor data quality also affects analysts, who spend more time accessing and manipulating data to create reports than they do providing information and insights. And inconsistencies in key performance indicators across departments result in time wasted arguing about the data rather than acting on the information.
Using SAS, a large hotel and casino resort was able to enhance its ability to gain new patrons, improve the customer experience and gain a better understanding of how patrons interacted with promotions. The resort also saw improvements in financial consolidation and budgeting speed, record reconciliation, information management and the ability to calculate profits at the patron or segment levels.
How SAS® Can Help
SAS approaches the problem by delivering software and services to help you:
- Integrate data quality procedures that eliminate errors before they infiltrate your processes, saving valuable time and money.
- Develop a reliable, repeatable process that provides decision makers with the information they need to respond to market trends, buying habits or competitive pressures.
- Integrate and standardize data from multiple channels, systems and properties into a unified, accurate view of all operations and all patron interactions.
- Profile, monitor and actively manage the consistency and accuracy of patron information for better campaign planning and customer service efforts.
- Enable business analysts and data stewards to easily cleanse, standardize, integrate and augment data using a specialized interface and state-of-the-art data quality tools that can be customized to meet individual requirements.
With SAS, you can gain timely access to accurate and credible information that is essential for making the right decisions in such a highly competitive environment.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS approaches data integration and analysis as a continuous, interrelated process. With SAS, you get:
- The ability to integrate all data from disparate operational systems, identify missing data and eliminate errors.
- Data integration and data quality routines that automate the creation of daily operating reports, putting this information in the hands of executives in time to make proactive decisions.
- Access to credible, accurate information about patrons, enabling you to understand and target the most valuable ones.
- Clean customer records that provide a complete, 360-degree view of patron behavior and value at a glance.
SAS offers solutions that let business users across the enterprise access credible and accurate information in the formats and systems that they prefer.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Data Quality Solution
- DataFlux® Data Management Platform
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Data Quality Solution
SAS Data Quality Solution provides an enterprise solution for profiling, cleansing, augmenting and integrating data to create consistent, reliable information. With SAS Data Quality Solution you can automatically incorporate data quality into data integration and business intelligence projects to dramatically improve returns on your organization's strategic initiatives.
DataFlux® Data Management Platform
DataFlux Data Management Platform provides a single interface for both business and IT users to manage data throughout their organization. It offers a unified development and delivery environment for analyzing, improving and controlling data. DataFlux Data Management Platform is especially well-suited for organizations not using other SAS® solutions. The interface can be used with any of the additional modules (features) listed below, enabling you to customize your data quality solution to meet your particular needs.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.