Enterprise Financial Crimes
Detect, prevent and mitigate financial crime risk across the enterprise
How SAS® Can Help
SAS provides a technology infrastructure and proven solutions for preventing, detecting and managing financial crimes across the various lines of business within today's banks.
Fraud and Improper Payments for Banking
- Cross-Channel Payments Fraud. Detect suspicious activity and hidden relationships in the vast amount of data generated daily. SAS delivers a holistic, customer-centric view of fraud that is unrestricted by transaction type or business channel with solutions for:
- Organized Fraud Rings. Go beyond transaction and account views to analyze all related activities and relationships at a network dimension. SAS offers a solution for detecting and preventing organized fraud rings, with the unique ability to visualize customer data networks and actually see previously hidden connections and relationships.
Regulatory Compliance for Banking
Better manage your reputational and monetary risk exposure by taking an innovative, risk-based approach to monitoring transactions for suspicious behavior, as well as complying with anti-money laundering (AML) and counterterrorist financing regulations, with solutions for:
- AML Transaction Monitoring. Only SAS supports all key areas of a complete AML solution – including suspicious activity monitoring, customer due diligence and watch-list filtering – and all steps involved in AML processes, with greater speed and accuracy than ever before
How SAS® Is Different
No other enterprise financial crime solutions provide the same level of detection, automation, ease of use and ROI. SAS solutions for enterprise fraud and financial crimes:
- Provide enhanced fraud detection and greater insight into managing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Improve operational efficiency through decreased fraud losses.
- Help prevent subsequent losses by properly identifying and classifying fraud losses.
- Can be applied to many types of bank fraud, including: internal, first-party, third-party, wire, checking, payments, cards, ATM, mortgage, teller, call center, online, etc.
- Give banks better and quicker insight into their fraud exposure and the steps they can take to reduce their risk through integrated, automated processes and controls.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Anti-Money Laundering
- SAS® Financial Crimes Suite
- SAS® Fraud Management
- SAS® Fraud Network Analysis
- SAS® Enterprise Case Management
SAS® Anti-Money Laundering
SAS Anti-Money Laundering takes full advantage of high-performance analytics capabilities to provide the most accurate, complete solution for detecting, investigating and reporting on potential illicit activity – one that combines the essential elements of a successful AML solution, including customer due diligence, suspicious activity monitoring, watch-list filtering and case management.
SAS® Financial Crimes Suite
SAS Financial Crimes Suite offers a common analytics platform and module-based solutions that provide solid protection against financial crimes by increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of detection and prevention efforts.
SAS® Fraud Management
Performing "after the fact" analysis of questionable transactions is a reactive approach to fraud detection that doesn't offer any real protection from loss. Only SAS delivers a full-service enterprisewide fraud management system that offers real-time scoring of accounts by looking at all card transactions – including purchases, payments and nonmonetary transactions. No other system on the market provides this breadth of coverage.
SAS® Fraud Network Analysis
Organized fraud is a growing problem. And while the transaction monitoring systems employed by most banks work well for individual real-time, point-of-sale fraud, a different approach is needed for monitoring customer behavior across multiple accounts and systems in order to identify those that may appear normal, yet operate below the radar. SAS Fraud Network Analysis is the answer.
SAS® Enterprise Case Management
SAS Enterprise Case Management enables investigators and operational risk managers in a variety of industries – banking, insurance, government, health care, etc. – to streamline processes and conduct more efficient, effective investigations, leading to reduced costs and better fraud prevention. The solution provides a structured environment for managing investigation workflows, attaching comments or documentation and recording financial information, such as exposures and losses.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.