Accurately and effectively measure profitability and costs at the organizational, branch, customer, product or channel levels
How SAS® Can Help
Profitability should be a key performance metric that ties back to your overall performance management. With SAS, you can manage profitability as a performance metric, with the ability to:
- Gain insight into revenue and cost drivers using robust, yet highly flexible analytics to calculate profit and loss at the most detailed level.
- Understand why and how individual customers and products affect the bottom line, and then segment your customer base accordingly.
- Analyze costs to serve using powerful, yet easy-to-use, multidimensional reporting functions that let you see the actual costs and profitability scores assigned to specific customers, products, channels, etc.
- Test and execute new strategies by developing what-if scenarios and conducting simulation analysis to determine the best course of action.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS offers a complete framework that combines integrated data management, business modeling, reporting and analysis. With SAS, you get:
- The ability to identify the true value of customers, products or channels – and how they became that way – by drilling into the details of individual business transactions and allocating expenses and revenue to different dimensions – e.g., products, organizations and services.
- An accurate, insightful view of segmented profitability – at a more granular level than has ever been possible with traditional activity-based management systems.
- Accurate modeling of costs and revenues so you can detect potential problems, identify opportunities for improvement and turn those opportunities into action.
- Scalability, for calculating profitability at a detailed level for substantial volumes of cost drivers and transactions – something that was previously impossible.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Activity-Based Management
SAS Activity-Based Management is an analytic application that models business processes to determine cost, profitability and drivers. With this solution, organizations can make informed decisions that streamline processes, deliver revenue growth and reduce costs across the organization.
SAS® Profitability Management
SAS Profitability Management provides accurate cost and profit calculations based on the rule-driven allocation of expenses and revenue down to the individual transaction. By providing insight into profitability factors, the solution helps decision makers focus on opportunities for profitability improvement.
SAS® Financial Management
SAS® Financial Management is a comprehensive solution for enterprise planning, budgeting, consolidation and reporting. With a proprietary calculation engine and accounting logic, this remarkable solution consolidates planning or historical information on demand, ensuring that the latest information is always available for decision makers and regulatory agencies.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.