Issuer and Acquirer Fraud
Reduce fraud, lower costs and increase customer confidence
" What sets our anti-fraud strategies apart is our commitment to technology to monitor and score the millions of transactions we process every day. SAS Fraud Management is the cornerstone of these efforts."
— Derek Wylde
Head of Group Fraud Risk, Global Security and Fraud Risk, HSBC
How SAS® Can Help
While many existing fraud detection systems use reactive, "after the fact" analysis of questionable transactions, such an approach doesn't provide any real protection from loss. With SAS, you can:
- Score 100 percent of transactions on demand, in real time, using customized behavior profiling rules and scoring models to assess and monitor the fraud risk associated with accounts and customers.
- Better understand customer behavior with new modeling approaches that use the consortium method of fraud modeling and champion/challenger model support, while retaining the value and flavor of your customer data at the product, customer, relationship or household level through the use of customer state vectors.
- Take all related activity into account when making a fraud decision with a fraud case management and investigation system that uses multientity technology to understand transactions made on different channels and behavior of related accounts.
- Enable fraud policymakers to change and edit prioritization, blocking strategies, and alert routing and handling by using a browser-based user interface to easily configure strategies, queues and alert-workflow properties.
- Easily generate reports using a full reporting system that lets you use any data in the system and publish reports in a variety of formats, including HTML.
- Account for regional differences in fraud management requirements by enabling banks to control regional fraud operations completely via easy-to-use interfaces.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS offers the only fraud detection system available that provides real-time scoring of accounts by looking at all card transactions – purchase, payment and nonmonetary. No other system on the market provides this breadth of coverage. In addition, SAS provides:
Customer state vectors, an advanced framework for identifying and using customer behavioral patterns in the fraud detection process, including:
- Seamless integration of an expanding domain of new data types and sources.
- Capture of appropriate data history based on customer behavior.
- Support for comprehensive customer product information, multimodel deployments and champion/challenger functionality.
- Backward compatibility for model releases and the ability to roll models back easily one generation if needed.
- Advanced analytics, including champion/challenger capability, and new SONNA modeling techniques.
- Real-time scoring of 100 percent of transactions so you can stop more fraud at the point of sale.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Fraud Management
Performing "after the fact" analysis of questionable transactions is a reactive approach to fraud detection that doesn't offer any real protection from loss. Only SAS delivers a full-service enterprisewide fraud management system that offers real-time scoring of accounts by looking at all card transactions – including purchases, payments and nonmonetary transactions. No other system on the market provides this breadth of coverage.
SAS® Fraud Network Analysis
Organized fraud is a growing problem. And while the transaction monitoring systems employed by most banks work well for individual real-time, point-of-sale fraud, a different approach is needed for monitoring customer behavior across multiple accounts and systems in order to identify those that may appear normal, yet operate below the radar. SAS Fraud Network Analysis is the answer.
SAS® Enterprise Case Management
SAS Enterprise Case Management enables investigators and operational risk managers in a variety of industries – banking, insurance, government, health care, etc. – to streamline processes and conduct more efficient, effective investigations, leading to reduced costs and better fraud prevention. The solution provides a structured environment for managing investigation workflows, attaching comments or documentation and recording financial information, such as exposures and losses.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.