SAS® Financial Crimes Suite
Launch a unified defense against financial crimes
Most organizations take a fragmented approach to combating financial crime, with separate departments using different tools to work their own cases. But this leaves organizations vulnerable, as criminals constantly look for – and find – any weaknesses in a company's defenses. SAS offers a common analytics platform and module-based solutions that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of detection and prevention efforts.
Gain cross-channel visibility.
Better understand your overall exposure, and develop comprehensive, cross-channel customer risk profiles. Using entity link analysis, you can identify complex patterns of behavior and suspicious associations among customers, accounts or other entities that would otherwise be missed.
Boost efficiency and effectiveness.
Monitor more transactions and risks in less time, and reduce cost and effort. The solution integrates anti-fraud and anti-money laundering processes, and is powerful enough to run multiple scenarios and risk factors simultaneously – with no performance degradation.
Reduce false positives.
Significantly reduce false-positive results with predictive alert analytics available only from SAS. Automated decisions and risk scoring lets you accurately identify actions and relationships that present the greatest risk before beginning an investigation.
Facilitate collaboration among fraud and AML teams.
Centralized case management provides a common repository for cross-channel enterprise data and shared workflow tools that ease information sharing issues while reducing administrative costs.
- A hybrid analytic approach. Use multiple analytic methods – business rules, anomaly detection, predictive data mining, adaptive segmentation with advanced neural networks, network analysis, champion-challenger, simulation, etc. – for greater accuracy and better predictive performance.
- High-performance analytics. Get accurate insights from big data in shorter reporting windows, enabling greater collaboration and more efficient, effective investigations.
- Data management. Bring together cross-channel data – from all lines of business, organizational units and geographic regions – on a single platform that combines data integration, data quality and master data management.
- Flexible alert management. A configurable interface offers secure access to multiple solutions, so users can access customer due diligence, currency transaction reporting, case management and AML solutions from the same interface.
- Centralized case management. Streamline processes and conduct more efficient, effective investigations by creating multiple automated workflows for various types of cases.
- Entity linking. Go beyond transaction and customer views to analyze activities and relationships within a network of related entities, such as customers who share demographic data or transactions.