The digitization of health care data and the expectation among increasingly engaged patients for personalized and virtual care are introducing unprecedented opportunities to disrupt the way health care and therapies are delivered. Health care systems are overwhelmed by the flood of new, rich data sources – such as social determinants, genetic and imaging data, data from medical devices and wearables, and social media data. Meanwhile, life sciences companies face increasing pressure from the market and regulatory agencies to incorporate real world data throughout the pharmaceutical life cycle, from clinical trials through the commercialization of drug products.
Health and life sciences organizations must adapt the way they use and share data to relieve pressure on health care systems, improve medical decision making and get innovative therapies to patients faster.
How AI Can Help
AI capabilities – such as machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and forecasting and optimization – can unleash the full potential of data to solve some of our greatest health challenges and dramatically change the way health care and therapies are delivered. This necessary evolution will enable health care and life sciences organizations to:
- Improve health care outcomes. Empower physicians with more accurate diagnostics and targeted prevention capabilities.
- Ensure drug safety. Enable pharmaceutical manufacturers to quickly determine the quality, efficacy and safety of new product candidates.
- Get new therapies to market faster. Accelerate clinical trials using real-world data sources.
- Control costs. Improve the operational performance of hospitals by optimizing staffing resources and taking action to reduce the number of hospital readmissions.
As the leader in advanced analytics, SAS has the experience and expertise to deliver cutting-edge AI capabilities at scale within health and life sciences organizations. By embedding AI capabilities in our software – from the powerful SAS Platform to solutions tailored to the needs of health and life sciences organizations – we provide more intelligent, automated solutions that help you unlock new possibilities and solve your most complex problems.
SAS is a long-time pioneer in machine learning and natural language processing, and a quality reference for both hospitals and FDA submissions. From identifying the optimal clinical trial for a new pharmaceutical product, to forecasting patient interactions with every aspect of health care delivery to enable better, more personalized care and fully optimized resources, AI capabilities from SAS give you The Power to Know®.
- White Paper Optimize Your Launch Sequence Strategies Maximize global revenue from international pharmaceutical product launches
- Solution Brief Global Price Intelligence Solution Brief Simulate the effect of different choices, IRP rules, mandates and market changes on global revenue and profitability and then optimize any launch simulation.
- Solution Brief Real World Evidence Solution Brief Gain fast and deep insights from real-world data.
AI Solutions for Health Care & Life Sciences
- SAS/OR®Optimize business processes and address challenges with enhanced operations research methods.
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™Streamline the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data.
- SAS® Episode AnalyticsUnderstand episodes of care in order to treat patients holistically and build value into the care continuum.
- SAS® Life Science Analytics FrameworkEfficiently manage the transformation, analysis and reporting of clinical trials data with a single, cloud-based pharma analytics framework.
- SAS® OptimizationFind optimal solutions to complex business and planning problems faster than ever.
- SAS® Real World EvidenceGenerate new scientific and commercial insights by converting real-world data assets to real-world evidence.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.
- SAS® Visual Text AnalyticsUncover insights hidden in text data with the combined power of natural language processing, machine learning and linguistic rules.