Sales and Operations Planning
Optimized Sales and Operations Planning TM , the joint solution between SAS and Steelwedge, allows companies to drive higher business value by responding profitably to demand, and to maximize market potential while mitigating risk.
Using this solution, a multibillion dollar manufacturer was able to improve:
- S&OP visibility and accuracy.
- Organizational goal tracking.
- Revenue through advanced analytics use.
How SAS® Can Help
The joint solution between SAS and Steelwedge allows companies to drive higher business value by responding profitably to demand, and to maximize market potential while mitigating risk. SAS and Steelwedge's approach to the problem is to provide software and services to help you:
- Sense and shape demand by transforming volumes of consumption data into powerful insights about market trends and customer demand.
- Align sales, marketing, operations and finance by providing a collaborative platform where stakeholders can share on-the-ground customer and supply chain intelligence and assumptions.
- Create profitable operational plans by allowing executives to predict fluctuations in demand, evaluate appropriate supply chain trade-offs and develop demand-driven sales and production plans that will maximize market potential and profitability.
How SAS® Is Different
This SAS and Steelwedge solution uniquely provides:
- Collaborative, User-Friendly Environment: Share sales forecasting and supply planning intelligence with both internal and third-party stakeholders via a collaborative platform that automates the planning process.
- Robust Forecasting: Generate demand-driven sales and attach-rate forecasts at any hierarchical level, for all products and components, including new and end-of-lifecycle items, using the right methods and models with a patented forecast engine and flexible data modeling.
- Predictive Modeling: Determine optimal demand-shaping actions via a user-friendly interface that lets you test myriad pricing and promotional scenarios and conduct what-if analyses to measure the financial impact of changes in your marketing or product mix.
- Collaborative Sales Planning: Engage multiple business functions including sales, marketing, finance and operations to reach a consensus demand plan.
- Consensus Forecasting Planner Workbench: Generate automated, statistically driven, consensus forecasts using award-winning weighted, combined forecasting methods.
- Revenue and Margin Management: Drive profitability by evaluating how changes to pricing scenarios or product mix will affect revenue and margin. Create, manage and publish budget, expense and financial plans that are visible across the entire organization.
- Rough Cut Capacity and Strategic Supply Planning: Create and view alternate rough cut capacity and supply plans based on alternate demand-supply scenarios and plans. Drive the S&OP plan based on actual supply and demand scenarios.
- Inventory Optimization: Leverage a single platform to create and view an optimized inventory plan. Understand the impact on working capital and asset utilization inventory analyze the impact of alternate S&OP plans on inventory targets.
- S&OP Data Management: Get data that is correct, complete and available when you need it with data management tools that can access data from any system in any format, including downstream data, and then automatically transform and cleanse the data for analysis.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Demand-Driven Forecasting
SAS Demand-Driven Forecasting drives the development of the consensus forecast in conjunction with the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process. Combining the power of automation, analytics and workflow, it generates the most unbiased and accurate consensus forecast on a large-scale basis.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.