Production Asset Utilization
Reduce operational disruptions caused by asset failures or unplanned maintenance
SAS Predictive Asset Maintenance enables POSCO, one of the world’s leading steelmakers, to schedule necessary maintenance by detecting problems and pinpointing malfunctions and risks of failure. By regularly monitoring facilities, POSCO can reduce accidents, minimize disruptions and maximize the efficiency of preventive maintenance.
How SAS® Can Help
SAS Predictive Asset Maintenance helps predict catastrophic failures and optimizes the maintenance cycles to lower overall maintenance costs and increase asset uptimes. It helps companies run their assets at peak performance, which improves product quality and reduces energy costs. With SAS, you can:
- Achieve a single, integrated view of all relevant information, including historical, right-time and real-time data – regardless of source or format.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of that information with embedded data quality techniques that standardize and cleanse data so that it is ready for analysis.
- Detect hidden patterns and anomalies that identify particular events by using advanced data mining techniques to sift through streams of complex data.
- Predict when unplanned events (such as equipment failures) will happen, using sequence analysis to identify upcoming events based on workflow rules that you define.
- Mitigate the impact of unplanned shutdowns with automated, early-warning alerts that are routed to the appropriate operations engineer and escalated, if needed.
How SAS® Is Different
Most systems and equipment have some sort of metering, monitoring or surveillance system – each producing staggering volumes of data. Only SAS delivers:
- A comprehensive view across all systems and equipment, taking into account system interdependencies to accurately monitor overall performance.
- Data integration and management that lets you combine sensor data with inspection and maintenance data, historical information, inventory data, warranty data and more into one database for monitoring, model development, root cause analysis and reporting.
- Predictive modeling that can accurately predict failures of assets and equipment before they occur.
- An integrated analytical workbench that provides engineers with powerful, integrated root cause analysis of asset failures and performance issues.
- Enterprise business intelligence delivered through a Web-based point-and-click interface that empowers problem solvers by delivering critical information in a format they can understand. They can view dashboards at a glance for a quick overview of issues, drill down to performance trends and disseminate strategic information across the organization.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
SAS Predictive Asset Maintenance helps organizations to accurately predict events that could cause outages and to run their assets at peak performance. The solution uses data integration, automation, analysis and predictive analytics to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and the risk of revenue loss.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.