Environmental Business Analytics and Emissions Management
" We had no doubts in selecting a technology partner because its solution ensured that a balance would be struck between performance and ease of customization and management, preventing the need for long and costly consulting."
Poste Italiane Group
How SAS® Can Help
Without a trustworthy and consolidated data source, you cannot identify the best opportunities for improvement, and you risk losing money and your reputation on investments that are not aligned with corporate goals. We approach the problem by providing software and services to help you:
- Provide mandatory greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting as regulations increase and manufacturers need adequate resources to meet the challenge or risk being left behind by competitors and shut out of markets.
- Meet customer demand for sustainable products because consumers are demanding that manufacturers assure that their products are as environmentally friendly as possible in their design, packaging, logistics and disposal.
- Optimize production processes to reduce energy, water, etc. to improve the bottom line in the use of natural resources for production, distribution and service support of their products and services.
- Gain increased confidence for planning and optimizing resources by streamlining your environmental data management processes and improving the quality and reliability of data – from the data center to the supply chain.
- Quickly spot trends and opportunities for improvement by using predictive analytic capabilities, such as scenario analysis and project prioritization, to understand current and projected performance.
- Determine the top causes of carbon emissions, waste or water consumption by using embedded analytic routines to forecast results and prove relationships between metrics.
SAS provides a single source of information about your organization's sustainability performance and supports globally accepted sustainability KPIs.
How SAS® Is Different
You need a source of information that you can trust, both for internal planning and external reporting. Only SAS provides a platform that is broad enough to handle multiple stakeholder demands, yet nimble enough to respond quickly. With SAS, you get:
- Strategy validation and analytics. Get all the power of SAS Analytics in an easy-to-use, point-and-click environment that lets you uncover issues and flaws that could improve performance months or years earlier than would otherwise be possible.
- Flexible reporting. SAS provides the most flexible environmental reporting platform available, giving you full control over how information is presented and shared internally, and the ability to include or exclude data variables as needed.
Complete integration with a business analytics framework. SAS goes beyond traditional calculation functions to integrate solutions across your entire organization, so when you're ready to expand into supply chain, IT-specific or carbon market solutions, SAS can help you optimize key processes and transform your performance.
In addition, SAS enables rapid adoption of performance management reporting frameworks, enabling you to quickly implement standard frameworks or organization-specific indicators.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Sustainability Reporting
SAS Sustainability Reporting provides a single source of information about an organization's sustainability performance. It supports globally accepted sustainability KPIs and provides embedded analytic routines to forecast results and prove relationships between metrics. The solution provides all the necessary tools to capture, clean and transform data relevant to sustainability.
SAS® Energy and Emissions Management
SAS Energy and Emissions Management models business processes to determine emissions and energy consumption, their cost and what drives them. It helps organizations identify reduction strategies that make sense for the business while ensuring that the resources required and the effect of change are understood. The solution offers integrated data management, business modeling, reporting and analysis.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.