Engineering and Production Quality
Improve quality while containing costs
" SAS has directly contributed an ROI of $14 million on Six Sigma projects and an additional $1.5 million on other projects. That's an impressive result in less than two years, and we have anticipated ways to gain even greater returns in the future."
Manager and "Master Black Belt" at POSCO's Six Sigma Academy
How SAS® Can Help
- Gain visibility into quality processes by accessing large volumes of data regardless of format or source, and then transforming, standardizing and cleansing the data to prepare it for analysis.
- Monitor the health of your processes with large-scale, automatic parameter checking against predefined or custom business rules in batch or on demand.
- Reduce process variability with state-of-the-art root cause analytics to weed out quality excursions, and unparalleled design of experiments.
- Proactively address quality and performance issues with early warning analytics that alert you to potential failures and latent defects before they become costly problems and before they reach your customers.
- Establish a closed-loop system for sustained quality by automating key processes and refining and integrating business rules for repeated use.
- Align performance and quality strategies by sharing appropriate information with whoever needs it so you can close the gap between targets and performance.
How SAS® Is Different
- State-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling capabilities that help drive tighter controls and improved processes, resulting in reduced costs from decreased scrap expenses and rework rates.
- Early-warning analytics that enable you to proactively address quality and performance issues. SAS monitors thousands of parameters continuously and sends automated alerts so you can take action to fix potential issues before they become costly problems.
- Flexibility to handle practically any type of data your may have. SAS is also customizable, so you can incorporate additional data types as your organization may require.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Quality Lifecycle Analysis
Through advanced analytic and reporting technologies, SAS Quality Lifecycle Analysis delivers a solution that provides manufacturers with a holistic view of quality across the enterprise. It combines data integration, automation and analytics to create the most unbiased insight into large-scale manufacturing processes, helping organizations improve quality while better containing costs.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.