" It looks exactly like the normal purchase order process, but behind the scenes it is matching the text against hundreds of thousands of keywords in several languages, and generating eCl@ss codes."
— Joachim Beurskens
Global Data Manager Purchasing for DSM, a multinational manufacturer of diversified products
How SAS® Can Help
DataFlux, a SAS company, can help by enabling commodity classification based on standard coding systems that provides a vendor-neutral way to classify product data, allowing increased visibility into spending trends so organizations can maximize their spending power by using the supply base to its best advantage. The result is:
- Smoother and improved operations along the supply chain.
- Improved relationships with existing suppliers.
- An increased ability to compete in new markets.
How SAS® Is Different
With DataFlux you get:
- Internal automated classification capabilities for faster, more accurate product and item classification rather than outsourced classification, which usually provides questionable results. Automated classification also lowers administrative costs.
- Data classification using any taxonomy across data domains.
- Strong data quality capabilities, including duplicate record removal across databases and profiles and reports for incoming data.
- Rationalization of inventory data across business units.
- Ability to merge current material data with catalog data.
- Determine complete volume of business with a vendor.
- Determine parts commonality using attribute analysis.
With DataFlux from SAS, you get a faster way to enhance your product and item data – and create a foundation for spending analysis.
Related Products and Solutions
DataFlux® Accelerator for Materials Data Classification
The DataFlux Accelerator for Materials Data Classification offers a faster way to enhance your product and item data. DataFlux technology matches your product and item data with any type of classification codes – industry standards such as UNSPSC, eCl@ss and GS1, as well as custom codes developed within your organization. These codes provide a standardized way to organize and segment information on spending patterns and create a foundation for spend analysis and master data management (MDM) efforts.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.