Adopt a structured environment for managing investigation workflows, attaching comments or documentation, and recording financial information, such as exposures and losses. With SAS Enterprise Case Management, investigators and operational risk managers in a variety of industries – banking, insurance, government, health care, etc. – can streamline processes and conduct more efficient, effective investigations.
Besides contributing to risk management, today's leading case technologies can also help institutions tie their policies to operational performance, reduce operating costs, and even grow the business.
Senior Research Director
Unite departments at an enterprise level.
Open the doors of communication between investigative departments with a single fraud investigation system that acts as a centralized hub for creating and managing regulatory reports.
Get a holistic view of customer relationships.
Link structured and unstructured data for analysis and review, and display both current and historical cases across the organization, with permission-based access that defines viewing capabilities between departments.
Develop an automated workflow.
Define processes and create multiple, automated workflows for various types of cases – fraud, physical security, anti-money laundering, regulatory filings, etc.
Access meaningful information on demand.
Create customized reports ranging from global statistics for high-level board reporting to extensive, detailed documentation of investigations necessary for supervisor review.
- Historical versioning. Easily review changes made to selected fields at subject, incident and case levels.
- Social network analysis integration. Incorporate case network analysis information to identify networks of individuals who may have been tracked and disposed of previously.
- Web service search. Retrieve external data from other systems, rather than populating the solution itself with data. Get email or text notifications when any event affects a case, incident, subject, report or e-filing.
- Regulatory reporting. Draft, review and electronically file regulatory reports using an intuitive point-and-click interface.
- Enterprise data consumption. Get alerts from multiple monitoring systems, and import existing records and historical information from originating systems to help prevent rekeying errors and reduce duplicate data.
- Triage queue. Review work items sent electronically to the system prior to creating or linking the incident to a case.
- Attachments. Easily store documents, including digital media, with a case for future viewing.
- E-filing. Prepare batch files for uploading to complete regulatory requirements.