How SAS Supports Efficient Health Care Operations
Value-based health care and patient centricity are emerging as the new global paradigms for addressing how organizations deliver and pay for health care. SAS provides a powerful array of descriptive and predictive modeling, forecasting, optimization, simulation and project scheduling capabilities to help you identify the actions that will improve outcomes and patient satisfaction, maximize resource utilization and reduce costs.
Health care cost analytics
- Improve hospital operational performance, throughput and capacity.
- Deliver higher quality care while improving patient satisfaction and controlling costs.
Workforce planning & performance management
- Accurately forecast demand for clinical staff.
- Develop critical workforce plans to mitigate long-term gaps and short-term agency costs.
- Create a culture that supports measurement and transparency.
Advanced approaches using AI
- Monitor patient devices, and reduce alarm fatigue.
- Improve building, patient and staff security through sensor-based analytics.
- Right-size equipment inventory through accurate location monitoring.
How did a regional Italian hospital use SAS to improve its occupancy rate to 85% and reduce average length of stay from 12 days to 10?
SAS helped San Martino Regional Hospital:
- Identify approaches for measuring and standardizing patient-care activities – while retaining proper flexibility and a constant willingness to change and improve.
- Assign resources during budget planning and more precisely monitor expense trends by bringing together all the data that the system provides.
- Analyze production costs – cross-referenced by admissions, services and other activities – for a detailed estimate of what each single activity costs across departments throughout the hospital.
How did a nationally recognized US hospital use SAS to save US$2.2 million in the first fiscal year, while maintaining high-quality patient care?
SAS helped OhioHealth:
- Ensure that its hospitals and other health care facilities are adequately staffed to provide optimal medical care, enabling the not-for-profit company to provide the best possible care as cost-effectively as possible.
- Discover that, contrary to expectations, proactively hiring new staff – getting the right people in place – actually saved money.
- Establish a culture of analytics that's helping change from reactive responses to proactive decision making, so that the right people are in place when a patient enters the hospital.
Related Products & Solutions
- SAS® Analytics for IoTAI機能と業界をリードするストリーム処理機能を標準搭載したパワフルなIoTアナリティクスをユーザーの手元に届けることで、イノベーション、効率化、成果達成を推進
- SAS® Data Managementあらゆるデータソースを統合して管理し、より高いレベルの正確性と信頼性を確保することができます。
- SAS® Optimizationビジネスや計画に関する複雑な課題について、最適な解決策をかつてないスピードで見つけ出します。