Data governance is more about process than technology. Once your data is in shape, we help you manage it to maintain a high level of quality – both today and for the long term. SAS Data Governance gives your data guidance and context. It enables you to align business and IT, monitor quality and pinpoint problems – all within the same environment.
Control your data through better policies and parameters.
When it comes to knowing what’s happening with your data and who’s altering it, you don’t have to guess – you can know. Set guidelines around who sees what information. Enforce who makes changes – and what changes they can make. You have the power to be proactive, without compromising security.
Define terms, promote collaboration and pinpoint issues with a business glossary.
SAS Data Governance doesn’t just deliver a standard-issue glossary. It gives you a powerful, interactive repository of terms and definitions that makes it easier to flag and fix issues. Plus you can create and manage metadata – all from an integrated, workflow-driven environment.
Measure your success and track progress.
With built-in reporting, monitoring and validation, you’ll know if you’re succeeding, or whether you need to make changes. You can use an intuitive dashboard to monitor trends. Know when policies are being followed. And trace them when they aren't.
Manage reference data from a single location.
Setting up and maintaining reference data is easy for both business and IT. Your tech experts build a table directly into a job – and then that information can be updated by business users. It's an efficient way to keep your big data updated and accurate, even if it’s stored in Hadoop or Impala.
- Enterprise governance. Maintain and manage data attributes through a common data model.
- Business data glossary. Create and manage business terms and safeguard them as you see fit.
- Security and auditability. Flag changes in metadata, enable role-based access to various data stewardship consoles and protect sensitive information.
- Reference data manager. Store, manage and publish lists and hierarchies from a web-based interface that can be used across lines of business.
- Data remediation. Govern stewardship and other business processes via workflows; review records and resolve issues once problems are identified.
- Business rule validation. Help data meet organizational standards for data quality and business processes.
- Data monitoring. Use dashboards, data remediation processes and active alerts to data issues as they arise.
- Metadata management and visualization. Align business and IT with a powerful lineage relationship visualization tool.