SAS® Intelligent Decisioning Features
Enterprise data throughput
- Ability to deliver more than 5,000 real-time transactions per second.
- Ability to achieve response times of 10 milliseconds per transaction.
- SAS integration utilities simplify integration with a variety of third-party applications at the data level.
Decision flow builder
- A centralized, graphical drag-and-drop interface lets you assemble business rules, custom code and models into complete decision flows, which minimizes the need to write deployment code that joins these pieces together.
- Ability to define decisions by browsing existing data, model and business rule repositories and selecting from existing assets.
- Create custom code within a decision flow to integrate with business application REST APIs, databases, web service calls and open source Python.
- Control decision orchestration by adding condition logic (i.e., IF-THEN-ELSE) and using outputs from any preceding rule or model.
- Easily navigate to the business rule editor from a decision flow, simplifying editing and rule-logic updates using deep linking.
- Simplify model selection and inspection by drilling from decision flow through to model repository.
- The enhanced rule list view provides compressed, easy-to-read rules that let you readily identify logic definitions.
- Built-in version control for entire decision flows simplifies testing and validation.
Business rules management
- An integrated business rule management platform enables fast rule construction, testing, governance and integration within decision flows.
- Rule version management capabilities improve tracking and governance during deployment, including deep linking to business rules from decision flows.
- Quickly create complex business logic within decision flows, including on-the-fly term development.
- Provides free-form rule-logic creation with full access to sophisticated functions.
- Lookup table integration to execute lookup for rule-logic checks and rule actions.
- Lookup table management for table import and updates gives you the ability to create lookups from SAS Visual Analytics tables.
- Lookup tables can be activated and locked at user discretion to support proper usage of the most current lookup tables within business rules.
Testing and model governance
- Business rules:
- Lock down or augment rule versions.
- Use explicit and detailed rule-fire analysis for testing, refinement and rule auditing documentation prior to operational deployment.
- Save rule tests, test suites and log details for documentation and reuse.
- Use a common environment for disciplined testing, change management, auditing and validation.
- Create complete decision flows from within the interface for both batch and real-time environments, simplifying IT integration and acceptance testing, as well as operational deployment.
- Reporting and user logs for audit history simplifies IT testing for applications that call operational analytics as web services.
- Register multiple input tables for use within SAS Intelligent Decisioning, including testing, publish target validation and simulation.
- Publish the model to production.
- Minimize data movement by executing in the data store or stream.
- Reuse portable score code.
- Provide performance reports and notifications.
- Automatically retrain models when they decay.
- Swap champion with challenger based on thresholds.
- Automate the complete end-to-end model management process.
- Provide workflows and rules that govern model execution.
- Perform champion/challenger model comparisons.
- Take advantage of decision analysis capabilities, including simulation options.
- Track and view lineage of campaign components to conduct impact analysis of changes.
- Get more information about your customers through detailed contact and response history.
Enhanced term management
- Automated rule-to-term mapping includes type and domains from existing data dictionaries and tables.
- Rename terms and choose what to include/exclude from the input, and output the definition of a decision flow.
- Dynamically add new terms as needed to simplify term definition, data type, input/output designation and length.
- Real-time deployment (via web services):
- Micro analytic web service (MAS) provides fast, scalable web service deployment.
- Easily move complete decision flows into IT web service testing environments and production deployment.
- Supporting analytical scoring as a service, MAS execution operates in a self-contained and portable standalone architecture (with a minimal footprint). In-memory threaded kernel processing simplifies integration with transactional systems, as well as IoT edge or in-stream computing.
- SAS Environment Manager plug-in provides simplified execution target definition and management for CAS, MAS, in-database and Hadoop targets.
- In-database batch deployment:
- Execute business rules and analytical model scoring without moving the data.
- Deploy business rules, decisions and related analytical models in Hadoop distributions via SAS/ACCESS® Interface to Hadoop, which transforms data lakes into functional IT testing and implementation environments.
- Includes extended support for the following Hadoop environments: Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Pivotal and BigInsights.
- Supports in-database rule execution for models, rules and decisions for Hadoop, Teradata and CAS.