Manufacturers continually wrestle with complex IT and OT issues that are unique to networked industrial environments. The new era of Industry 4.0 can help alleviate these continual growing pains. But the long-term gains come at the cost of short-term pains, with pervasive sensor data no longer residing solely in the factory, but also pouring in from connected products in the field. And manufacturers are finding it even more challenging to scale analytics and data management from automation systems through historians, MES systems, ERP layers and into the cloud – especially while maintaining rigid security and safety requirements.
How SAS® Analytics in the Cloud Can Help
With analytics in the cloud, SAS can help you use manufacturing analytics software to improve your decision making – regardless of your organization's level of analytical maturity – with a secure, dependable cloud infrastructure that gives you peace of mind while enabling you to:
- Analyze IoT data and gain operational insights in order to improve product quality and yield while reducing risk.
- Adopt an analytics foundation that spans all data, analytics and decisioning needs to help you monetize IoT sensor data and develop innovative new revenue streams.
- Establish a unified, agile, end-to-end platform that enables fast big data analysis for improving operations and producing real business value.
- Make analytics available to everyone, from the shop floor to the top floor, so that every team member can apply analytical techniques to daily work.
Why choose SAS for analytics in the cloud?
SAS has the experience and expertise to deliver cutting-edge manufacturing analytics via the cloud securely, in the way that works best for your operations:
- Software as a service (SaaS). We offer standardized, off-the-shelf SaaS offerings available for immediate use right out of the box.
- Managed application services. Take advantage of cutting-edge SAS technology with maximum uptime, managed by us on your site or ours.
- SAS software deployed in public or private clouds. We offer multiple ways to deploy SAS in public or private clouds, including deployment patterns like Docker containers, Kubernetes for orchestration, or support for Cloud Foundry.
- Cloud-specific SAS offerings. SAS works with major cloud infrastructure providers like Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Red Hat to streamline SAS deployments in public clouds. We also partner with a number of managed analytic service providers (MASPs) that offer cloud-based solutions for specific industries, including manufacturing.