DATA MANAGEMENT INSIGHTS
Trasforma i big data in informazioni di valore
Articoli e altre risorse sul Data Management
- Open data: la Pubblica amministrazione si rinnova in ottica customer experience È ormai un concetto universalmente riconosciuto dalle Pubbliche amministrazioni: gli open data sono uno strumento fondamentale a servizio della trasparenza. Ora mettiamoli anche a servizio degli utenti finali: cittadini e imprese, e proviamo a farli utilizzare per estrarne valore.
- Bringing data to the streamHow much do we know about fresh water systems and the dynamic nature of streams and rivers? Find out how one data scientist turned his fascination with streams and rivers into a career.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- 5 things to do to become data-drivenDecisions based on poor data – or models that have degraded – can have a negative effect on the business. Read about the five best practices for becoming data-driven that TDWI uncovered in a recent survey.
- GDPR and AI: Friends, foes or something in between?The GDPR may not be best buddies with artificial intelligence – but GDPR and AI aren't enemies, either. Kalliopi Spyridaki explains the tricky relationship between the two.
- Personal data: Getting it right with GDPRTo learn more about the definition of personal data, why it’s in the news and why it’s being tightly regulated by laws like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we interviewed Jay Exum, Privacy Counsel at SAS.
- Data integration: It ain't what it used to beOnce limited in scope, data integration now supports analytics and data-driven operational processes like real-time insurance claims processing and IoT apps.
- The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Data quality management What you need to knowData quality isn’t simply good or bad. Data quality management puts quality in context to improve fitness of the data you use for analysis and decision-making.
- The future of IoT: On the edgeFrom cows to factory floors, the IoT promises intriguing opportunities for business. Find out how three experts envision the future of IoT.
- Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- What is data profiling and how does it make big data easier?Data profiling, the act of monitoring and cleansing data, is an important tool organizations can use to make better data decisions.
- Chi ha paura della digital transformation?I protagonisti di Analytics Experience 2016 ci raccontano che i dati disegnano la nuova geografia del mondo e gli analytics sono la bussola per orientarsi. E, secondo David Shing, le emozioni avranno sempre più un ruolo centrale.
- “Io sono tecnologia”. La storia dell’artista cyborgNeil Harbisson grazie all’occhio bionico può sentire i colori tradotti in suoni
- Data Strategy e Business Strategy. Stiamo parlando della stessa cosa?Allineare operations e applicazioni. Mettere i dati in un unico posto non basta. Intervista a Evan Levy, Vice President of Data Management Programs SAS.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- General Data Protection Regulation: From burden to opportunityThe General Data Protection Regulation stirs up mixed emotions, but Kalliopi Spyridaki shows how to use the new legislation for business advantage.
- How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
- IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- Ricerca e sperimentazione alla base del tuo Laboratorio di innovazioneScopri il modo più semplice ed efficace per implementare Hadoop come ecosistema abilitante e prerequisito alle opportunità nascoste nel dato digitale.
- Customer intelligence: checklist Utilizzare le checklist rende più semplice eseguire le attività quitidiane. Con questa checklist avrai sempre sotto controllo i passi fondamentali per realizzare la migliore customer intelligence nel tuo settore di mercato.
- Data management for cybersecurity: Know the essentialsSecurity teams tend to underestimate the importance of data management for cybersecurity. See the seven key reasons data management has been so difficult and five steps to getting it right.
- 3 things you need to know about event stream processingAs more data is generated from the Internet of Things, more of it will be analyzed as it is streaming. Learn how to analyze streaming data – and how it differs from traditional analysis.
- Big data integration: Go beyond 'just add data'Every business-focused technology requires users to "just add data." This article by Matt Magne explores why that's much easier than it sounds, especially in a big data age.
- 5 data management best practices to help you do data rightFollow these 5 data management best practices to make sure your business data gives you great results from analytics.
- Data governance: The case for self-validationLearn why you should redefine data governance policies to empower customers to be accountable for keeping their personal data accurate, consistent and up-to-date.
- Sensing a disturbance in the dataAs IoT data unites with event stream processing (ESP), these combined forces will automatically sense data pattern deviations and trigger immediate response.
- The “problem-solver” approach to data preparationNoted technology author David Loshin explains why it's important to know what the problems are before getting data ready for analytics.
- What was your data doing during the financial crisis?Financial institutions usually survive a crisis, then react to prevent it in the future. SAS' Mazhar LeGhari explains how data can help you break that cycle.
- Big data privacy: Four ways your data governance strategy affects security, privacy and trustWith IT and business strategies converging, something that’s a little late to the party is the concept of big data privacy.
- Data governance framework: What is it and do I already have one?A data governance framework encompasses a holistic approach to how you collect, manage and archive data.
- Toyota Financial Services’ CIO is a model for change: part innovator, part gatekeeper CIO Ron Guerrier walks a fine line, gently snuffing out rogue IT activities activities without impinging on the innovation and real-time needs that drove business users to adopt them in the first place.
- I see big data. All the time. It’s everywhere.Big data is rapidly creeping into every element of our life. In this article, Tamara Dull from SAS Best Practices explores some big data examples - and how it will affect you.
- Soccer versus baseball: which is the best analogy for data governance?Is data governance more like baseball, featuring individual effort, or like soccer, where a team approach wins? Carol Newcomb evaluates the best sports analogy for data governance.
Ricevi la newsletter SAS Insights via mail