BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE INSIGHTS
See your data in new ways
Recent Business Intelligence articles
- How does a center of excellence really work?At the Cincinnati Insurance Companies, analytics is bridging the gulf between IT and business units and leading by example to form common measures and objectives.
- Location analytics: Why adding where makes BI betterLearn how location analytics can enrich your BI endeavors by blending geographic data, spatial analysis and business data for deeper insights.
- The University of Alabama makes better decisions through education analyticsAt the University of Alabama, the Office of Institutional Research and Assessments use analytics and data visualizations to uncover better student outcomes.
- Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Transaction monitoring: To segment or not?A typical anti-money laundering transaction monitoring program has scenarios that monitor the customers and accounts that pose the most risk. The fact is … this one-size-fits-all methodology isn’t very effective because customers transact differently based on many factors. So how do you incorporate that into your program?
- Big data isn’t just for big businesses Midsize businesses are taking advantage of big data with data visualization. Here are five tips for getting started.
- Best practices report: Business-driven BI and AnalyticsEasy-to-use BI tools are causing business users to bypass IT, but there are pitfalls. Collaboration is needed to make effective use of resources and data says David Stodder in this best practices report from TDWI.
- Are you good at scoring?Credit scoring is the foundation for evaluating clients who apply for a loan (or other types of exposure for the bank). It is not unusual for it to take up to 12 months to build and deploy a new credit scoring model. Reforming the process will help minimize losses, increase earnings and reduce operational risk.
- Is your data too big to visualize?Use these tips to find new ways to look at big data, so you can quickly collapse and condense the results in an intuitive fashion.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox