A powerful IoT analytics solution with embedded AI and industry-leading streaming capabilities.
Drive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting IoT analytics in users' hands.
Fuel performance with a powerful, AI-embedded IoT analytics solution.
Extract maximum value from your IoT investments with a complete, AI-embedded IoT analytics solution that meets the challenges of complexity and scale. Regardless of skill level, users can easily access, organize, select and transform IoT data – without having to rely on scarce data scientist resources. Built on SAS® Viya®, the solution's integrated, business-focused interface lets you visually explore external data sources and big data stores like Hadoop with ease. You can quickly select data and launch it into dashboards, reports and analytic tools to make confident, accurate and timely decisions that drive innovation and performance.
Get speed and scalability where and when needed.
Accelerate outcomes from your IoT investments – SAS, third party and open source. Our secure, flexible and scalable IoT analytics solution uses SAS Event Stream Processing with embedded AI to deliver real-time analytics, empowering all types of users to make fast, confident decisions – no coding or specialized skills required. We develop and continuously improve the latest analytic techniques to find those best suited for high-frequency, streaming data. And you can use our industry-leading data management capabilities to make IoT data – generated anywhere – analytics-ready.
Expand the use of IoT analytics and foster collaboration.
SAS Analytics for IoT enables all types of users to transform data into intelligence with an extensible, sensor-based data model and an intuitive, visual interface built on SAS Viya that streamlines ETL tasks. Your entire organization – business users, engineers, data scientists and IT professionals – will collaborate more effectively and be equipped to make timely, confident decisions that propel your business forward.
Get to Know SAS® Analytics for IoT
This solution runs on SAS® Viya®, which has the breadth and depth to conquer any analytics challenge, from experimental to mission critical. SAS Viya extends the SAS Platform to enable everyone – data scientists, business analysts, developers and executives alike – to collaborate and realize innovative results faster, with flexible licensing and pricing options to accommodate your current and future needs.
Look Who's Working Smarter With SAS®
"We felt strongly that the existing system wasn’t serving citizens in flood-prone areas well. We knew we needed a scalable solution to get us from reactive to proactive and ultimately predictive. The scalability of Azure IoT platform became a critical component of our IoT architecture. In addition, we required a robust set of analytical tools that could deliver insight from both real-time and historical data and SAS Analytics for IoT offered that." Nicole Raimundo Chief Information Officer Town of Cary, NC
SAS was named a winner of the 2019 IoT Evolution Product of the Year Award by IoT Evolution World.
SAS received the 2019 Datanami Readers' Choice Award for Best Big Data Product or Technology for IoT.
Explore More on SAS® Analytics for IoT & Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- Article Keep the lights on with AI and IoT technologyBushfires, pandemics, rapidly evolving technology; disruption is now business as usual for the Australian energy and utility sector.
- Article How can analytics mitigate your fire risk?With global warming, fires have increased rapidly over the last decade. In turn, this has increased risks and complications for energy and utility companies.
- Article The increasing role of analytics in managing disruption in energy and utilitiesThis four-part series, Managing Disruption, will examine disruptions faced by the Australian energy and utilities industry – and the role analytics can play in lessening the impact.
- Article A look inside Southern California Edison’s fire mitigation planThis article examines how Southern California Edison (SCE) uses SAS to apply these practises in the US.
- E-Book Streaming analytics: Life happens fast. Are your analytics keeping up?Download this free e-book to find out what streaming analytics is, the unique opportunities it can address and five key success factors for planning your streaming analytics program.
- Customer Story Forecasting accuracy brings ‘new energy’ to CameroonEnergy supplier Eneo balances supply and demand to boost efficiency, save millions and improve reliability with SAS Energy Forecasting.
- Customer Story SAS artificial intelligence leads to improved customer satisfactionMachine learning models powered by SAS Analytics help high-tech company Konica Minolta Japan reduce costs and enhance competitive edge.
- E-Book Accelerate and improve business outcomes with AIoTOrganizations across multiple industries are using AIoT to improve quality, maximize equipment performance, improve efficiencies and more. Download this e-book to find out how you can reap the same benefits.
- White Paper Understanding Data Streams in IoTThis paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- Article 5 ways to measure beehive health with analytics and hive-streaming dataThis analytical approach to understanding bee hive health can automatically alert beekeepers to changes in hive weights, temperatures, flight activity and more.
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things has changed our lives forever. Read about how streaming data in IoT works, and why it has caused such a shift in the analytics world.
- Article IoT securityThe internet of things, with about 6.4 billion external (and vulnerable) devices on networks, calls for a more rigorous approach to cybersecurity.
- Article Game-changing technologies turn IIoT data into goldThe real value of IoT lies in its data. Maciej Kranz says technologies like edge and fog computing, machine learning and AI can unlock the hidden value in data from the IIoT.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- Analyst Report IoT Solutions World Congress 2019: The Value Is in the DataIOT Solutions World Congress 2019 was a turning point in the evolution of IoT deployments, with organizations like SAS showing real, scalable deployments of IoT solutions combined with AI.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Analyst Report SAS takes Event Stream Processing to Cisco's edge for Internet of Things stackSAS and Cisco work together to enable IOT type analytics from the edge of the network to the data center to the cloud, according to 451 Research.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Analyst Report Bloor Market Update: Streaming AnalyticsLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Analyst Report SAS Dives Deeper into IoT AnalyticsIDC reviews the the latest release of SAS Analytics for IoT, a simplified offering aimed at helping customers monetize the value of their IoT data.
- Analyst Report Data Analytics at the Edge
- Webinar IoT Analytics: How to Make Your IoT Data Work for YouJoin Pinnacle Solutions and SAS to learn how you can use IoT analytics to make your IoT data work for you.
- Article Connected vehicles: IoT steers a new direction for OEMsWith IoT and analytics, automakers and their partners can reshape business models, find new ways to monetize data and serve customers better.
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Article Machine learning, data science and AI meet IoTIn this video, Kirk Borne and Michele Null discuss the intersection of machine learning, AI and data science with IoT data and analytics.
- Article IoT challenges in the connected supply chainThe IoT Is set to revolutionize supply chain management, but there are certain challenges it must overcome first. Here’s what you need to know.
- Article IT/OT convergence: The dilemma of the IoT perception gapThe IoT phenomenon demands intimate collaboration between information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT). But IT and OT have distinct gaps in perception about the goals and outcomes of IoT initiatives. Tom Bradicich explains why IT/OT convergence is essential for successful IoT projects.
- Article IoT in healthcare: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened healthcare systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in healthcare.
- Article Modern manufacturing's triple play: Digital twins, analytics, IoTUsing exact duplicates to manage complex systems dates to NASA’s early moon missions. Today, IoT is key to implementing digital twin technology in manufacturing.
- Article The connected consumer: IoT's impact on the future of retailThe IoT and the connected consumer are set to revolutionize retail. Here are a few ways companies can take advantage of technology advancements.
- Article Can you make your smart factory smarter?Discover how the IoT helps weave quality across the smart factory to improve source materials, machine functionality and even customer service.
- Article IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
- Article 5 Challenges for IoT in the insurance industryIoT promises to substantially reduce losses in the insurance industry, but adoption is low. That will change when the industry overcomes these five challenges.
- Article Edge computingWith traditional methods, data is captured, stored and analyzed later – limiting how quickly businesses can act on insights from the data. With edge computing, IoT data is processed at the edge of a network – right where it’s created or collected – avoiding delays and enabling real-time processing and action.
- Interview IoT in manufacturing: Voices from the fieldThe Internet of Things (IoT) is a transforming the manufacturing industry. Learn how the concept of connected devices can power smart manufacturing.
- Article 5 IoT applications retailers are using today The Internet of Things can bring big benefits, but what is IoT and how are retailers taking advantage of it?
- Article IoT and machine learning in utilities: What's the difference?The internet of things and machine learning are poised to change the workings of the utilities industry forever, so how are they best defined, what are their revolutionary benefits and what precisely is the difference between the two?
- Customer Story Municipality puts wireless water meter-reading data to workTown of Cary, North Carolina uses SAS Analytics to analyze data from wireless water meters, assess demand, detect problems and engage customers.
Related Products & Solutions
Check out these products related to SAS Analytics for IoT.
- AI SolutionsUnlock new possibilities with artificial intelligence solutions from SAS that augment human efforts.
- SAS/ACCESS® SoftwareRead, write and update data regardless of its native database or platform.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingGet immediate analytic insights from real-time big data streaming into your organization.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningEnable analytically driven real-time customer interactions, and automate operational business decisions at scale.
- SAS® Model ManagerRegister, modify, track, score, publish and report on analytical models through a web interface that is integrated with the model building process.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsVisually explore all data, discover new patterns and publish reports to the web and mobile devices.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningSolve your most complex problems faster with a single, integrated in-memory environment.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingGenerate large numbers of reliable forecasts – quickly and automatically – in an open environment.
- SAS® Visual StatisticsCreate and modify predictive models faster than ever using a visual interface and in-memory processing.