DATA MANAGEMENT INSIGHTS
Turn big data into big value
Recent Data Management articles
- What is a data lake and why does it matter?A data lake is a storage repository that quickly ingests large amounts of raw data in its native format. As containers for multiple collections of data in one convenient location, data lakes allow for self-service access, exploration and visualization. In turn, businesses can see and respond to new information faster.
- Public health infrastructure desperately needs modernizationPublic health agencies must flex to longitudinal health crises and acute emergencies – from natural disasters like hurricanes to events like a pandemic. To be prepared, public health infrastructure must be modernized to support connectivity, real-time data exchanges, analytics and visualization.
- 5 data management best practices to help you do data rightFollow these 5 data management best practices to make sure your business data gives you great results from analytics.
- IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
- Data lineage: Making artificial intelligence smarterFor AI to reach its full potential, the data feeding its algorithms and models needs to be well-understood. Data lineage plays a vital role in understanding data, making it a foundational principle of AI.
- What big data has brought to the privacy discussionHow does big data impact your privacy? There are ways to balance privacy and security in an increasingly transparent and dangerous world.
- Bringing data to the streamHow much do we know about fresh water systems and the dynamic nature of streams and rivers? Find out how one data scientist turned his fascination with streams and rivers into a career.
- Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests considering these ten questions as a preliminary guide.
- 5 ways to become data-drivenSuccessful data-driven businesses foster collaborative, goal-oriented cultures, have leaders who believe in data and are governance-oriented. Read more in this summary of TDWI research that uncovers best practices for becoming data-driven.
- Personal data: Getting it right with GDPRTo learn more about the definition of personal data, why it’s in the news and why it’s being tightly regulated by laws like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we interviewed Jay Exum, Privacy Counsel at SAS.
- General Data Protection Regulation: From burden to opportunityThe General Data Protection Regulation stirs up mixed emotions, but Kalliopi Spyridaki shows how to use the new legislation for business advantage.
- Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
- The five D's of data preparationFrom discovering which data is best to use, to delivering it in the right format to users, learn why these 5 D’s are essential to data preparation.
- Data quality management What you need to knowData quality isn’t simply good or bad. Data quality management puts quality in context to improve fitness of the data you use for analysis and decision-making.
- The future of IoT: On the edgeFrom cows to factory floors, the IoT promises intriguing opportunities for business. Find out how three experts envision the future of IoT.
- Data lake and data warehouse – know the differenceData lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- What is data profiling and how does it make big data easier?Data profiling, the act of monitoring and cleansing data, is an important tool organizations can use to make better data decisions.
- Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- 5 steps to sustainable GDPR complianceFollow these steps to achieve GDPR compliance by the May 2018 deadline – and get added benefits along the way.
- How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
Send SAS Insights straight to your inbox