Drive innovation, efficiencies and results by putting IoT analytics in users' hands.
Fuel performance with a powerful, AI-embedded IoT analytics solution.
Extract maximum value from your IoT investments with a complete, AI-embedded IoT analytics solution that meets the challenges of complexity and scale. Regardless of skill level, users can easily access, organize, select and transform IoT data – without having to rely on scarce data scientist resources. Built on SAS® Viya®, the solution's integrated, business-focused interface lets you visually explore external data sources and big data stores like Hadoop with ease. You can quickly select data and launch it into dashboards, reports and analytic tools to make confident, accurate and timely decisions that drive innovation and performance.
Get speed and scalability where and when needed.
Accelerate outcomes from your IoT investments – SAS, third party and open source. Our secure, flexible and scalable IoT analytics solution uses SAS Event Stream Processing with embedded AI to deliver real-time analytics, empowering all types of users to make fast, confident decisions – no coding or specialized skills required. We develop and continuously improve the latest analytic techniques to find those best suited for high-frequency, streaming data. And you can use our industry-leading data management capabilities to make IoT data – generated anywhere – analytics-ready.
Expand the use of IoT analytics and foster collaboration.
SAS Analytics for IoT enables all types of users to transform data into intelligence with an extensible, sensor-based data model and an intuitive, visual interface built on SAS Viya that streamlines ETL tasks. Your entire organization – business users, engineers, data scientists and IT professionals – will collaborate more effectively and be equipped to make timely, confident decisions that propel your business forward.
Get to Know SAS® Analytics for IoT
SAS was named a winner of the 2019 IoT Evolution Product of the Year Award by IoT Evolution World.
SAS received the 2019 Datanami Readers' Choice Award for Best Big Data Product or Technology for IoT.
Explore More on SAS® Analytics for IoT & Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- White Paper
- White Paper
- E-Book Internet of Things: Understanding the JourneyWhether your focus is business outcomes or technology challenges, this guide provides the insights to accelerate your IoT journey.
- Article IoT: The next best thing to reading your customer’s mindConstant streams of data from myriad devices and sensors is what IoT is all about. But how are organizations using it to better customer experiences?
- Article Game-changing technologies turn IIoT data into goldThe real value of IoT lies in its data. Maciej Kranz says technologies like edge and fog computing, machine learning and AI can unlock the hidden value in data from the IIoT.
- Article Coming soon: The Industrial Internet and IoT standardsFrom smart farms to connected water meters, the IIoT party is happening – with consensus around IoT standards playing host.
- Customer Story World’s largest sports and humanitarian event builds legacy of inclusion with data-driven technologySpecial Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi uses SAS® Analytics and AI solutions to keep athletes safe and fans engaged.
- Analyst Report IoT Solutions World Congress 2019: The Value Is in the DataIOT Solutions World Congress 2019 was a turning point in the evolution of IoT deployments, with organizations like SAS showing real, scalable deployments of IoT solutions combined with AI.
- E-Book Analytics Really Do MatterThis LNS Research report explores the results of the 2018 Analytics That Matter survey and the unexpected (and interesting) responses from companies on their journey toward digital transformation.
- E-Book 5 Steps to Accelerate Value From Your Industrial IoT Data This e-book features five steps industrial leaders can follow to get more value from IIoT data. It describes how to craft a comprehensive IIoT strategy, what to look for in an edge-to-enterprise analytics solution, and how to evaluate IIoT solutions.
- Customer Story Artificial intelligence and IoT analytics keep aircraft operational for crucial missionsLockheed Martin revolutionizes aircraft maintenance with the SAS Platform.
- Article How to drill a better hole with analyticsFrom drilling holes to preventing health care fraud, learn about some of the new technologies SAS has patented with IoT and machine learning technologies.
- Analyst Report SAS takes Event Stream Processing to Cisco's edge for Internet of Things stackSAS and Cisco work together to enable IOT type analytics from the edge of the network to the data center to the cloud, according to 451 Research.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream ProcessingLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Analyst Report Bloor Market Update: Streaming AnalyticsLearn why Bloor considers SAS a major contender in the market for streaming analytics platforms due to SAS’ differentiating analytic capabilities, notable performance and continuous improvement of in-stream models using machine learning.
- Analyst Report SAS Dives Deeper into IoT AnalyticsIDC reviews the the latest release of SAS Analytics for IoT, a simplified offering aimed at helping customers monetize the value of their IoT data.
- Analyst Report Data Analytics at the Edge
Modern manufacturing’s triple play: Digital twins, analytics and the Internet of Things
Technologies to recreate a digital version of some of the world’s most complex machines present new opportunities for analytics and the IoT. Learn how manufacturers worldwide can monitor equipment from anywhere in the world.
- Webinar IoT Analytics: How to Make Your IoT Data Work for YouJoin Pinnacle Solutions and SAS to learn how you can use IoT analytics to make your IoT data work for you.
The Non-Geek's A-to-Z Guide to the Internet of Things
This A-to-Z guide includes 101 common terms related to the Internet of Things.
- Article Edge computingWith traditional methods, data is captured, stored and analyzed later – limiting how quickly businesses can act on insights from the data. With edge computing, IoT data is processed at the edge of a network – right where it’s created or collected – avoiding delays and enabling real-time processing and action.
- Article Can you make your smart factory smarter?Discover how the IoT helps weave quality across the smart factory to improve source materials, machine functionality and even customer service.
- Article Modern manufacturing's triple play: Digital twins, analytics, IoTUsing exact duplicates to manage complex systems dates to NASA’s early moon missions. Today, IoT is key to implementing digital twin technology in manufacturing.
- Article IoT challenges in the connected supply chainThe IoT Is set to revolutionize supply chain management, but there are certain challenges it must overcome first. Here’s what you need to know.
- Article Analytics at the edgeStreaming data from automobiles, medical devices, location apps and other "things" lives at the edge of the network, where it can be used to monitor existing conditions and evaluate future scenarios. Learn how organizations in multiple industries are finding opportunity in analyzing this data from the Internet of Things.
- Research 3 Internet of Things examples from 3 industriesRead detailed Internet of Things examples from a manufacturer, a government agency, and an oil and gas company. You’ll learn how much data is being streamed and find out the documented ROI for each application.
- Article IT/OT convergence: The dilemma of the IoT perception gapThe IoT phenomenon demands intimate collaboration between information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT). But IT and OT have distinct gaps in perception about the goals and outcomes of IoT initiatives. Tom Bradicich explains why IT/OT convergence is essential for successful IoT projects.
- Article Big data and the Internet of Things: Two sides of the same coin?Big data and the Internet of Things are converging. Tamara Dull explains the relationship between the two terms and how they differ.
- Interview IoT in manufacturing: Voices from the fieldThe Internet of Things (IoT) is a transforming the manufacturing industry. Learn how the concept of connected devices can power smart manufacturing.
- Article Connected vehicles: IoT steers a new direction for OEMsWith IoT and analytics, automakers and their partners can reshape business models, find new ways to monetize data and serve customers better.
- Article Are you ready for your smart car?The Internet of Things presents a multitude of opportunities for the smart, connected car. And it has changed personal transportation forever.
- Article The connected consumer: IoT's impact on the future of retailThe IoT and the connected consumer are set to revolutionize retail. Here are a few ways companies can take advantage of technology advancements.
- Article IoT in healthcare: Unlocking true, value-based careGiven the potential of IoT – and the challenges of already overburdened healthcare systems around the world – we can’t afford not to integrate IoT in healthcare.
- Article Machine learning, data science and AI meet IoTIn this video, Kirk Borne and Michele Null discuss the intersection of machine learning, AI and data science with IoT data and analytics.
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoTTo optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- White Paper IoT success depends on data governance, security and privacyThe IoT puts intense demands on the data management life cycle. Learn from 10 common mistakes organizations have made with IoT endeavors.
- Article IoT: The customer experience accelerator you can't afford to ignoreIoT represents a powerful source of data that, when combined with analytics, can yield insights on everything from behavior to emotions to health. And that's why it's key to improving customer experience.
Data Analytics at the Edge
451 Research explores the value of diverse IoT data that is processed and analyzed at the edge in environments like T&D facilities, oil fields and manufacturing shop floors.
- Article 5 Challenges for IoT in the insurance industryIoT promises to substantially reduce losses in the insurance industry, but adoption is low. That will change when the industry overcomes these five challenges.
- Article Applying machine learning to IoT dataLet’s move beyond theoretical discussions about machine learning and the Internet of Things – and talk about practical business applications instead.
- Article 5 IoT applications retailers are using today The Internet of Things can bring big benefits, but what is IoT and how are retailers taking advantage of it?
- Interview Connected consumers, IoT and what retailers need to do nowThe IoT is impacting retail, with more to come. Experts from Cisco, Intel and SAS discuss what's happening now, and what retailers need to do next.
The Autonomous Grid: Machine Learning and IoT for Utilities
Machine learning and the IoT have the power to create an increasingly autonomous grid that can eventually handle billions of endpoints on utility networks. But is the industry truly maximizing the benefits of either technology? Find out in this report.
The Autonomous Grid in the Age of the Artificial Intelligence of Things
Explore how AI and IoT work together to deliver everything from improved threat detection to better customer engagement for utilities.
TDWI Checklist Report | Six Best Practices to Ignite the Customer Experience with IoT
The IoT extends digital customer experience to physical customer experience and customer journeys for ultimate brand distinction. This TDWI Checklist Report, sponsored by SAS, outlines six best practices for data professionals and practitioners when using IoT to improve customer experience.
The Artificial Intelligence of Things
We’re living in a world that has more connected devices than humans. See how AI amplifies the value and potential of this fast-growing Internet of Things.
Capitalizing on Sensor Data Opportunities
Find out who is using embedded sensors and how they are using them. This report explores how sensors can make manufacturers more competitive and provides guidance on using sensor-generated data as a flowing stream of opportunity rather than an unexpected flood that disrupts and distracts.
Understanding Data Streams in IoT
This paper explains how streaming analytics helps you acquire, understand and use real-time, streaming data to make fact-based, automated decisions – and instantaneously react to new information.
- Analyst Report Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream Processing Bloor InBrief: SAS Event Stream Processing
Drive Next-Generation Performance With Real-Time Connected Manufacturing
This special report sponsored by SAS, Intel and Hortonworks explores how manufacturers are capitalizing on the promise of the IoT, creating new value streams and revolutionizing the relationship with markets.
Smart Communities & Data Analytics
This SAS-sponsored report explores how local governments can use existing staff, technology, data and resources to achieve compelling results, including cost savings, enhanced community relations, economic development, interdepartmental collaboration, and public safety and health improvements.
- Analyst Report SAS improves usability of Event Stream Processing
The Evolution of Analytics
Learn about modern applications for machine learning, including recommendation systems, streaming analytics, deep learning and cognitive computing. And learn from the experiences of two companies that have successfully navigated organizational and technological challenges to adopt machine learning and embark on their own analytics evolution.
Making Sense of AI
This e-book explores the current boundaries of AI, as well as the many ways that modern AI applications can improve our understanding of the world and enable us to make better, faster decisions.
How Streaming Data Analytics Enables Real-Time Decisions
Learn how SAS provides extremely high-throughput, low-latency technology to meet whatever streaming analytics your company might want to pursue.
- Customer Story IoT data with artificial intelligence reduces downtime, helps truckers keep on truckingVolvo Trucks and Mack Trucks use sensor data and SAS AI solutions to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Customer Story Municipality puts wireless water meter-reading data to workTown of Cary, North Carolina uses SAS Analytics to analyze data from wireless water meters, assess demand, detect problems and engage customers.
Powering Big Data Benefits With Internet of Things Intelligence
A recent MPI study revealed that manufacturers must close strategic and technical gaps preventing them from fully capitalizing on IoT intelligence in order to capture competitive advantage and ensure they don't fall behind permanently.
Analytics Accelerates Monetization Opportunities for Connected Vehicle and Mobility Services
Learn how automakers and their partners are using IoT data and analytics to help them reshape business models, seize new sources of revenue and develop inventive ways to better serve customers.
IoT and Transportation: How Analytics Makes Travel Faster and Safer
Discover how new sources of data provide an opportunity to improve the efficiency of transportation systems while providing new services and optimizing transportation investments.
Asset Performance Analytics
Learn more about the benefits and opportunities for performance improvement among utilities, oil and gas producers and manufacturers, as well as some of the challenges associated with implementation.
IoT in Retail: Engaging the Connected Customer
How do you make your brick-and-mortar stores as smart as your website so when customers walk in the door, you recognize them and cater to their individual tastes? Learn the key to making in-store shopping as frictionless for your customer as online shopping.
Four Use Cases Show Real-World Impact of IoT
This TDWI e-book explores in detail what IoT means and does for retailers, the automotive industry, state and local governments working with utilities firms, and the manufacturing industry. Common themes include connectedness, data-driven insights, predictive capabilities and transformation.
Analytics and the Modern Energy Supplier
Find out why the modern energy supplier must consider how to incorporate IoT and AI in their business operations to improve data-driven decisions and achieve greater return on asset investments.
The Internet of Things
This report from the International Institute for Analytics explores the many business opportunities IoT presents, details its implementation challenges and describes how organizations can accelerate progress so they don’t fall behind.
The Internet of Things: Marketing’s Opportunities and Challenges
Learn how marketers can apply event-based marketing and real-time marketing capabilities to capitalize on IoT data in the moment by pinpointing significant customer events, which then trigger real-time customer decisions. The result? Best offers delivered in real time, given the consumer’s current context.
- Customer Story SAS Artificial Intelligence leads to improved customer satisfactionMachine learning models powered by the SAS Platform help high-tech company Konica Minolta Japan reduce costs and enhance competitive edge.
The Key Factors Driving IoT Success
With the support of SAS, the Internet of Things Institute developed the Internet of Things ROI Research Study to gather real-world insights, lessons learned and future guidance from current users of IoT technology and advanced analytics.
Charging Ahead with EV Analytics
This white paper from Navigant Research, sponsored by SAS and Intel, explores the analytics infrastructure that is needed to prepare for and benefit from the growth of EVs
- Article The future of IoT: On the edgeFrom cows to factory floors, the IoT promises intriguing opportunities for business. Find out how three experts envision the future of IoT.
- Article The opportunity of smart grid analyticsWith smart grid analytics, utility companies can control operating costs, improve grid reliability and deliver personalized energy services.
- Article How openness can supercharge event stream analyticsWhat does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
- Article Streaming data: The ins and outs of this technology buzzwordLearn what streaming data is, why it matters to your business and how it relates to big data, event stream processing, data management and the IoT.
- Article Sensing a disturbance in the dataAs IoT data unites with event stream processing (ESP), these combined forces will automatically sense data pattern deviations and trigger immediate response.
- Article Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article Smart cities, smart energy solutions – thanks to the IoTFind out how Envision America and CPS Energy are using the IoT and analytics to make cities smarter and transform energy programs.
- Article Internet of things applications across multiple industriesLearn about existing Internet of Things applications in five industries, and get advice on how to develop your own Internet of Things applications.
- Interview Why you need asset performance analyticsPredictive maintenance is not new, but its use is surging in asset-intensive industries. Find out what’s driving the renewed interest.
- Article Unlocking the real value of the IoTWhen you hear Internet of Things, you think connected cars and wearable devices -- but the IoT's greatest impact will likely come on the factory floor. Shahram Mehraban, a Director in Intel's Internet of Things group explains.
- Article 3 things you need to know about event stream processingAs more data is generated from the Internet of Things, more of it will be analyzed as it is streaming. Learn how to analyze streaming data – and how it differs from traditional analysis.
- Article Making sense of streaming data in the Internet of ThingsThe Internet of Things is moving from buzzword to reality. This article uncovers how the topic is causing a shift in the analytics world.
- Article Coming soon: The Internet of CarsFind out how personal transportation will change as the Internet of Things becomes a reality. At the Premier Business Leadership Series, Andreas Mai, Director of Smart Connected Vehicles for Cisco will preview what's coming next.
- Article Coming soon: The Internet of CarsToday's self-parking cars are a marvel, but that’s nothing compared to what’s just around the corner. The Internet of Things will change everything about personal transportation.
- Article Understanding data in motionLearn how to analyze fast moving data streams on the fly with event stream processing.
- Article Broken promises? Avoid IoT traps with an analytics platformHow can you realize the promise of the Internet of Thing? By using an analytics platform to sense, understand and act on streaming data.
Quality 4.0 Impact and Strategy Handbook
Quality 4.0 isn't really a story about technology. It's about how that technology improves culture, collaboration, competency and leadership.
How Hadoop Helps Realize Big Data Value
Leveraging a big-picture approach to Hadoop opens up a world of
The Connected Customer: The Why Behind the Internet of Things
Blue Hill explores the key traits associated with supporting the connected customer through the internet of things, and provides guidance on why the internet of things will be essential across the general business landscape.
Drive Next-Generation Customer Experiences with Real-Time Connected Product and Service Analytics
SAS, Hortonworks and Intel can help you embrace technologies and processes to anticipate a wide range of customer needs, providing the foundation for next-generation customer experiences.
Bridging The IoT Perception Gap: Information vs Operational Technology
Futurum Research surveyed the state of the relationship between IT and OT teams as it pertains to the design, implementation, and creation of value through IoT technologies.
Edge Computing Index: From Edge to Enterprise
The Futurum Research survey was conducted to identify attitudes toward edge computing, adoption and deployment data. It also investigated investment intent and trends or points of friction related to this topic. All respondents in the survey were in roles of influence for edge computing investment decisions.
Intelligent Analytics for Smart Machines
Learn how you can make the flood of IIoT data work for you with an end-to-end analytics platform that combines SAS expertise in analytics with Intel’s leading data center technology.
IoT Analytics in Practice
this paper will help business decision makers make informed investment decisions about the future of their own IoT analytics projects
The Internet of Things: Finding the Path to Value
How U.S. Manufacturing is Responding to the Business Challenges and Opportunities Being Unleashed by the Internet of Things and Advanced Analytics
Becoming a Smart City
Explore how new technologies empower city governments to run more efficiently, make decisions proactively, and provide services more effectively.
Securing Your IoT Solution Stack
Learn why IoT solutions are so difficult to secure, what's needed to secure each layer of the IoT stack, and how SAS uses software like SAS Event Stream Processing to secure the applications layer.
Channeling Streaming Data for Competitive Advantage
Discover how and why innovative companies are transforming business operations by using streaming analytics to extract meaning from live data streams as data is created, and automate reactions to it with millisecond response times.
The Connected Insurer
Explore the opportunities IoT creates, the barriers to its adoption within the insurance industry, and what’s needed to fully exploit the potential of IoT for competitive advantage and growth.
Related Products & Solutions
Check out these products related to SAS Analytics for IoT, all based on the powerful SAS Platform.
- AI SolutionsUnlock new possibilities with artificial intelligence solutions from SAS that augment human efforts.
- SAS/ACCESS® SoftwareRead, write and update data regardless of its native database or platform.
- SAS® Event Stream ProcessingAnalisa streaming data, dan segera lakukan tindakan yang diperlukan.
- SAS® Intelligent DecisioningAktifkan interaksi dengan pelanggan secara real-time dan otomatisasi keputusan operasional perusahaan.
- SAS® Model ManagerMendaftar, memodifikasi, melacak, menilai, memublikasikan, dan melaporkan model analitis melalui antarmuka web yang terintegrasi dengan proses.
- SAS® Visual AnalyticsSecara visual, eksplorasi semua data, temukan pola baru, dan publikasikan laporan ke web dan perangkat seluler.
- SAS® Visual Data Mining and Machine LearningMenyelesaikan masalah Anda yang paling rumit lebih cepat dengan pemrosesan dalam memori pada satu lingkungan yang terintegrasi.
- SAS® Visual ForecastingMenghasilkan sejumlah besar perkiraan andal – secara cepat dan otomatis – dalam lingkungan terbuka.
- SAS® Visual StatisticsBuat dan ubah model prediktif lebih cepat dari sebelumnya menggunakan antarmuka visual dan pengolahan dalam memori.