Get the business insights you need – on your own. Act quickly. Make decisions confidently. Work more efficiently.
Be more productive by working autonomously.
No need for specialized skills. No coding or SQL required. Our visual interface makes data preparation easy by removing technical barriers and enabling you to blend, wrangle and shape data on your own – where it is then integrated as part of your reporting and analytics pipeline. This frees IT to focus on more strategic work, while you get insights needed to investigate data at will.
Prepare data faster so you're ready for action.
Minimize the time you spend preparing data so you can spend more time analyzing it. Prebuilt transformations and data cleansing functions run in memory to increase processing speed. Advanced analytics, data visualization and data preparation capabilities are seamlessly combined. The result? You have more time to explore data, get answers and react to situations in near-real time.
Reuse data preparation tasks for more efficiency.
Duplicated work wastes valuable time. SAS Data Preparation helps you share automatically generated code with IT so it can be scheduled to run during every source data update. You can also save data preparation plans to be used by others. Shared work leads to more productivity – and everyone benefits.
Collaborate with other team members.
Working with multiple members of your team on the same project has never been easier. With SAS Data Preparation you can share jobs as centrally managed assets. Project activity feeds can be set to notify teams and individuals of changes and updates. You can share and reuse tasks and existing plans, post updates and work together to boost productivity and generate more value from your data.
Get to Know SAS Data Preparation
Explore More on SAS Data Preparation and Beyond
To browse resources by type, select an option below.
- Select Resource Type
- Analyst Report
- White Paper
- Blog Post
- Book Excerpt
- Case Study
- Customer Story
- Article What big data has brought to the privacy discussionHow does big data impact your privacy? There are ways to balance privacy and security in an increasingly transparent and dangerous world.
- Article The “problem-solver” approach to data preparationNoted technology author David Loshin explains why it's important to know what the problems are before getting data ready for analytics.
- Article How to improve data prep for analytics: TDWI shares best practicesGetting good results from your data means doing a good job of preparing the data for analytics. Find out what TDWI says it takes to get there.
- Article Data governance: The case for self-validationLearn why you should redefine data governance policies to empower customers to be accountable for keeping their personal data accurate, consistent and up-to-date.
- Article Data management backgrounderFrom data integration to data quality and data preparation, find out what these terms mean and why they’re so important for your analytics projects.
- Article Components of an information management strategyBefore starting a data management strategy for your business, you need to understand each component. Data expert David Loshin breaks them down.
- Customer Story Knowing the who, informs the whatThe New Zealand Ministry of Health established the Virtual Data Registry to more accurately identify diabetes sufferers and citizens likely to contract diabetes. They'll use the database to inform policy and spending decisions that will ensure better care for those patients.
- Article Data integration: It ain't what it used to beOnce limited in scope, data integration now supports analytics and data-driven operational processes like real-time insurance claims processing and IoT apps.
- E-Book Data Privacy: Are You Concerned?Report based on a 2018 survey of 525 US consumers regarding their views on data privacy in light of recent data scandals and the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation in the EU. It's purpose is to better understand their opinions on data privacy and how it affects their behaviors and trust toward companies.
- Customer Story Advanced analytics fuels virtual banking with data-driven decisionsAirstar Bank relies on SAS for risk-based customer due diligence, money laundering detection and comprehensive credit risk management.
- Customer Story Building a culture of analytics empowers university to lead as an educational enterpriseFrom enrollment to graduation, the University of Texas at Arlington uses SAS Analytics for Education on Amazon Web Services to aid in analysis supporting student success and campus strategic decision making.
- Article General Data Protection Regulation: From burden to opportunityThe General Data Protection Regulation stirs up mixed emotions, but Kalliopi Spyridaki shows how to use the new legislation for business advantage.
- Article Public health infrastructure desperately needs modernizationPublic health agencies must flex to longitudinal health crises and acute emergencies – from natural disasters like hurricanes to events like a pandemic. To be prepared, public health infrastructure must be modernized to support connectivity, real-time data exchanges, analytics and visualization.
- Article Key questions to kick off your data analytics projectsThere’s no single blueprint for starting a data analytics project. Technology expert Phil Simon suggests these 10 questions as a guide.
- Customer Story Jakarta Smart City uses IoT analytics to better serve residentsJakarta and SAS team up to create an award-winning approach to public services and disaster management.
- Customer Story Improving loss ratios and profitabilityTriad Analytic Solutions helps insurers benefit from advanced analytics.
- Article Big data privacy: Four ways your data governance strategy affects security, privacy and trustWith IT and business strategies converging, something that’s a little late to the party is the concept of big data privacy.
- Analyst Report Gartner Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2023: AI Trust, Risk and Security ManagementLearn why IT leaders must adopt an AI TRiSM to protect their organizations and improve their business outcomes from AI models.
- Customer Story A data-driven approach to whole person careRiverside County relies on data integration and analytics from SAS to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable Californians.
- Customer Story Combating financial crime and terrorism financing with real-time sanctions screeningOrange Bank stays ahead of emerging risks and changing regulations with a cloud-based sanctions-screening solution from SAS and Neterium.
- Customer Story Transforming the consumer banking experience through advanced analyticsCIMB Singapore uses SAS Viya to enhance business operations and keep pace with changing customer needs.
- E-Book Data Preparation Challenges Facing Every EnterpriseData preparation
- Customer Story Identifying potential trouble spotsFlorida DOC turns to SAS Analytics to help improve citizen safety.
- Analyst Report Gartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality SolutionsGartner positions SAS as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Solutions.
Check out these products and solutions related to SAS Data Preparation.
- SAS/ACCESS® SoftwareRead, write and update data regardless of its native database or platform.
- SAS® Data QualityStandardize and improve new and existing data so you can trust the information that serves as the basis for your corporate initiatives and systems.
- SAS® Information GovernanceUnderstand, create awareness of, control and manage data resources for business and IT users while protecting the data.