Free Practice Exams for Base and Advanced Programming
Practice exams for select exams are available for purchase through SAS and Pearson VUE. There are several differences between the practice exams purchased through SAS and the practice exams purchased through Pearson VUE. The formats are different, and you should review the features before purchasing.
Cancellation Policy: SAS practice exams may be canceled for a full refund any time before the candidate begins the exam.
Once an exam has begun, no refunds are granted.
Practice exams available through SAS
Select a title to purchase or learn more about the features for these exams.
- SAS Certification Practice Exam: Base Programming for SAS®9
- SAS Certification Practice Exam: Advanced Programming for SAS®9
- SAS Certification Practice Exam: Predictive Modeling Using SAS® Enterprise Miner™
(This practice exam is now obsolete and will be retired Dec 31, 2017. See below for a replacement practice exam.)
Practice exam for the SAS Base Programming Specialist and SAS Advanced Programming Professional credentials are available for free from SAS as eLearning. The exam is available for 180 days from the date of purchase. SAS software is not included with the practice exam, therefore you will need to provide your own installation of SAS or use SAS University Edition to complete the performance-based projects (Data sets are provided within the exam for download).
There is no exam clock on these practice exams, and you may pause and return to the practice exam later. At the end of the practice exam, a dynamic score report provides practice exam performance detail, a rationale for the correct answer, and the ability to review all questions. You may also re-attempt the practice exam. These practice exam can be activated from the following link (you will need to create a SAS Profile if you do not already have one).
Practice exams for select exams are available for purchase through Pearson VUE.
Practice exams on the Pearson VUE platform are designed to be as representative as possible to the actual exam in difficulty level, objective coverage, length, and look and feel. These practice exams offer an extended time limit (six hours) and the ability to pause the exam to allow you to complete it at your convenience. You have 90 days to complete the practice exam from the date of purchase. At the end of the practice exam, a dynamic score report provides practice exam performance detail, a rationale for the correct answer, and the ability to review all questions. You may also review this score report online by logging into the SAS Certification Manager system and selecting "View Score Reports."
For the Predictive Modeling practice exam (PE-255P) please note that this practice exam does not include access to SAS Enterprise Miner software. These exams will include practice data that can be downloaded. The candidate should use their own installation of SAS Enterprise Miner to complete the performance-based items on these exams using the data provided within the exam.
- SAS Advanced Predictive Modeling (PE-225P)
- SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics, and Visual Exploration (PE-220P)
- SAS Big Data Programming and Loading (PE-221P)
- SAS Data Curation for SAS Data Scientists (PE-223P)
- SAS Data Integration Development for SAS®9 (PE-260P)
- SAS Data Quality using DataFlux® Data Management Studio (PE-262P)
- SAS Interactive Model Building and Exploration Using SAS® Visual Statistics 7.4 (PE-272P)
- SAS Platform Administration for SAS®9 (PE-250P)
- SAS Predictive Modeling using SAS® Enterprise Miner 14 (PE-255P)
- SAS Statistical Business Analysis Using SAS®9: Regression and Modeling (PE-240P)
- SAS Text Analytics, Time Series, Experimentation, and Optimization (PE-226P)
- SAS Visual Analytics 7.5/8.3 Analysis and Design (PE-278P)
- SAS Viya 3.4 Supervised Machine Learning Pipelines (PE-401P)
- Visit www.certmetrics.com/sas.
- Sign in to your current SAS Certification Manager account, or create an account if you do not have one.
- Once you have signed in or created a SAS Certification Manager account, choose “Schedule/Modify Exam Appointment”. Once you are in the Pearson VUE web environment, select "View Exams" and click on the Practice Exams group.
- Select the exam you choose to purchase.
- If using a voucher or discount code, they must be obtained prior to purchase. See Discounts and Offers for details.
- To re-access a paused practice exam, return to “Schedule/Modify Exam Appointment”.
SAS practice exams may be cancelled for a full refund any time before the candidate begins the exam.
Once an exam has begun, no refunds are granted.
Sample questions are available for production exams and illustrate the types of multiple choice and short-answer questions that may appear on SAS Global Certification exams.