How SAS® Helps States Combat Unemployment Insurance Fraud
Record-high unemployment claims during the COVID-19 pandemic have heightened the risk of unemployment insurance fraud, costing states hundreds of millions of dollars and delaying delivery of benefits to people in need. SAS helps unemployment agencies ensure the integrity of their unemployment benefits programs by detecting unemployment insurance fraud faster without jeopardizing legitimate payments to individuals.
Quickly detect high-impact unemployment insurance fraud that may indicate organized crime or identity theft rings.
Identify highly suspicious claims in real time using a combination of network analytics, machine learning techniques, and domain expertise from working with unemployment agencies across multiple states.
Gain a networked view of risk for unemployment insurance fraud to identify patterns hidden in huge volumes of unemployment claims data.
Reduce false positives so your limited resources can focus on the highest priority cases and efficiently deliver benefit payments to those in need.
SAS® Detection and Investigation for Government
SAS Detection and Investigation for Government provides a single, end-to-end framework that uses multiple techniques – automated business rules, predictive modeling, text mining, exception reporting, network link analysis, etc. – to better identify unemployment fraud and stop payments before they are made. Precise targeting dramatically reduces false positives, ensuring that the people who need unemployment benefits receive them without delay.
RAPID RESPONSE SOLUTION
Cloud-based unemployment insurance fraud detection
Organized crime rings are committing unemployment insurance fraud on a massive scale through both standard claim filings and the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. With unemployment claim filings at an all-time high, many states lack the resources and tools to cope with the deluge and manual processes make fraud detection nearly impossible – until it's too late.
SAS offers a cloud-based, rapid-response unemployment fraud detection solution that can be up and running in three weeks, taking the burden off strained state IT resources and providing valuable insights on identity theft and criminal rings.
Why choose SAS® for unemployment fraud detection?
Get a rapid return on investment.
- Find more unemployment insurance fraud faster with a solution that can be up and running in three weeks.
- Improve productivity and efficiency with an easy-to-use interface that enables your staff to handle more cases and focus on high-priority fraud investigations.
- Reduce the impact on your IT staff with a cloud-based solution.
Take a hybrid approach to unemployment insurance fraud detection.
- Stay on top of new and emerging unemployment insurance fraud schemes with analytical models that are continuously updated and improved based on results from across states and agencies.
- Easily integrate data from disparate sources – state income tax records, incarceration data, national directory of new hires, workers’ compensation, business licensing and more – to gain a holistic view.
Boost the productivity and efficiency of your staff.
- Combine all information on associated claims and claimants across multiple employer accounts or standard and PUA claims into one consolidated view that enables you to spot linked entities and crime rings you would otherwise miss. This saves valuable time and enables you to take action faster.
- Speed up investigations and take action faster by integrating data from multiple sources into a single interface.
- Incorporate tips and leads from multiple systems into the solution. A universal search feature puts all relevant data at your fingertips, even if you only have a single address or phone number to work with.
SAS in Public Sector – Facts & Figures
public sector departments, ministries, offices & agencies using SAS worldwide
when SAS was founded in 1976, government was our first customer
countries rely on SAS in the public sector
Heading off unemployment claim fraud
Discover how analytics can help state governments head off unemployment claim fraud before it exacts an irreversible toll.
The state of analytics
Join us for this series of webinars focused on ways in which governments are innovating in the face of unprecedented challenges.
Find out how you can respond quickly to protect taxpayer dollars and people in need.
Running in reverse
Find out how Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) reversed the tax system to support British citizens in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Unemployment fraud meets analytics: Battle lines are clearly drawn
Learn about the growing problem of unemployment fraud and how analytics can help stop it quickly.
Public sector analytics solutions for combating COVID-19
Learn how data and analytics are playing a key role in helping with evidence-based decision making during the COVID-19 pandemic.