How SAS Advances Academic Research
Efficiently orchestrate the entire research life cycle using the SAS® analytical research platform. Integrate disparate data from any system across academic, government and industry sources. Work in open source or SAS to amplify analytical outputs and impact. Centrally manage complex data security, integrity, governance and continuity.
Enterprise research platform
- Trust in a flexible yet secure research platform that provides data storage, quality, governance, analytics and reporting in a single location.
- Share data, code, analytic models and data visualizations across disciplines, departments and institutes or institutions.
- Enable collaboration and data sharing with government and industry partners while maintaining necessary control over sensitive data.
- Deploy SAS on-site, in any cloud or take advantage of our strategic partnership with Microsoft to maximize capability and storage in Microsoft Azure.
Open source access
- Facilitate technology transfer to easily move SAS and/or open-source models from an R&D environment to real-world applications.
- Leverage current data and analytic processes with seamless integration.
- Access SAS distributed parallel computational resources from open source programming languages (R, Python, etc.) and web applications.
- Execute analytics however you like – using APIs, in batch, in a private docker, etc. The choice is yours.
- Benefit from our domain expertise in fields such as: IoT, health, energy, environmental sustainability, agriculture, transportation, justice and public safety, social services, education, etc.
- Access industry consultants, solutions and services across multiple industry verticals.
- Run scenario analysis on models that impact broader society, such as improving community health outcomes, assessing climate risk, guiding data-driven public policy or creating early warning systems.
Data governance & security
- Leverage comprehensive and complete security protocols for data for differing needs (HIPAA, FERPA, GDPR).
- Secure data and metadata in a proven platform, reducing the likelihood of a breach or audit.
- Provide an easy way to set up rules within a structure set by the institution.
- Discover and track data lineage to ensure data quality and model integrity as multiple researchers or partners work with the same source data.
Why choose SAS® for academic research?
SAS helps researchers and research institutions overcome common data challenges and advance the frontiers of science and innovation. Increase the productivity of faculty and students by facilitating access to research and analytical resources across the enterprise.
Control your data
Integrate disparate data and manage data quality from a single control point. Assign role-based access and actions to authorize specific tasks.
Secure more funding
Increase availability of data or leverage existing data resources to make grant proposals more competitive and increase funding awards.
Broaden analytics use
Democratize cutting-edge analytics to a broad range of users who may want to leverage a point-and-click interface or program in different languages (including open source).
Accelerate data analysis to disseminate findings in peer-reviewed publications and other outlets more quickly.
Facilitate technology transfers (including patents and other intellectual property) to industry and expand the societal and market impacts of research innovations.
One of the [Plant Science Initiative’s] biggest challenges is our ability to collect and translate large amounts of complex data into useful information that can help researchers and farmers make better informed, real-time decisions. This new partnership with SAS will be pivotal in helping us harness the power of data to improve agricultural outcomes and provide global consumers a higher quality, more accessible food supply. Richard Linton Dean, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences North Carolina State University
CUSTOMER SUCCESS IN HIGHER EDUCATION
Working Smarter With SAS®
Tackling the complex challenges facing agriculture
North Carolina State University teamed up with SAS and Microsoft to use cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) services on several interdisciplinary projects, including improving the sustainability of agricultural systems, boosting the profitability of sweet potatoes and detecting plant diseases before they cause big problems.
Using health data to deliver higher-quality, lower-cost care
The Accountable Care Project, a program of the NH Citizens Health Initiative, is working to improve its system for sharing information from the state’s all-payer claims database and from electronic medical records. The University of New Hampshire database provides information that guides health care reform efforts.
Forecasting power usage to improve sustainability
Clemson Energy Visualization and Analytics Center (CEVAC) is helping lead Clemson University toward a more sustainable future by using analytics and modeling of campus utility data.
Recommended Resources for Academic Research in Higher Education
- Blog Post Can data sharing accelerate research in the fight against COVID-19?Learn how the COVID-19 Research Database is bringing top partners in health care and technology together to understand the disease and provide teams of researchers with free access to a wealth of patient data from across the US.
- Blog Post A unique partnership helps identify unmet needs in the energy and utilities industryLearn how a partnership between SAS and Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business is enabling the evaluation of different industry needs and the creation of innovative solutions.
- Blog Post Building and comparing open source models in SAS Model StudioThe SAS machine learning toolkit, accessed through SAS Model Studio, now offers more flexibility between SAS and open source models.
- 오픈 인티그레이션SAS의 개방형 분석 플랫폼을 통해 분석 방법론, 프레임워크, 도구, 기술 등 끊임없이 변화하는 에코시스템의 잠재력을 활용하십시오.
- Microsoft Azure와 SAS 클라우드에서 데이터와 분석, AI 워크로드를 쉽게 실행하십시오. 분석과 AI를 더욱 발전시키기 위해 SAS와 Microsoft가 파트너십을 체결하였습니다.
- Series SAS Training: Data Literacy EssentialsFrom young students to lifelong learners, knowing how to engage with data is more important than ever. Check out our free, self-paced data literacy course to start building those skills!
- Webinar Analytics for Higher EducationJoin us for this special summit focused on how leaders in higher education are using analytics to make the most out of their data and enhancing every aspect of their institutions.
Related Products & Solutions
- Data Management SoftwareSAS 데이터 관리 솔루션과 소프트웨어로 플랫폼 전반의 데이터 통합, 정제, 이동 및 관리를 통해 정확하고 일관된 정보를 제공합니다.
- Education Analytical SuiteGet powerful analytics for teaching and academic research, at a reduced cost.
- SAS Viya클라우드 기반의 더 빠른 의사결정으로, 단순 분석에서 미션 크리티컬한 분석에 이르는 모든 분석 과제를 해결하십시오. SAS Viya를 사용하면 데이터 사이언티스트, 비즈니스 분석가, 개발자, 경영진을 포함한 모든 이들이 어디서든 인사이트를 협업하고, 확장하고, 운영할 수 있습니다.
- SAS® Analytics for EducationTake a data-informed approach to solving your institutional challenges, spending less time looking for information and more time putting your data insights into action.