- Article Can data sharing help cure cancer?Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Article Analytic simulations: Using big data to protect the tiniest patientsAnalytic models help researchers discover the best way to care for babies in the NICU, saving lives (and millions of dollars) in the process.
- Video See IoT industry examples in actionHow can analytics unlock the limitless possibilities in the Internet of Things?
- Article An executive’s guide to cognitive computingCognitive computing is the latest buzzworthy term that everyone seems to be talking about in the technology industry. But can machines really think?
- Article Become a strategic business partner using analytics in financeCollecting, validating and reporting information is no longer enough for finance professionals – it’s time to transform your role using analytics in finance.
- Article Exploring the sun with big dataResearchers working for NASA are using automatic, exploratory and visual analysis of big data to help understand the mysteries of our universe.
- Interview A brave new world of analyticsMike Frost from SAS explains how a modern analytics platform can help make sense of the new, complex data reality.
- Article Five tips for faster, data-informed decision makingThree educational institutions share how they use data visualization to drive data-informed decision making. Five tips that apply to all organizations.
- Article What was your data doing during the financial crisis?Financial institutions usually survive a crisis, then react to prevent it in the future. SAS' Mazhar LeGhari explains how data can help you break that cycle.
- Article Big data privacy: Four ways your data governance strategy affects security, privacy and trustWith IT and business strategies converging, something that’s a little late to the party is the concept of big data privacy.
- Article What is a data governance framework… and do I already have one?A data governance framework encompasses a holistic approach to how you collect, manage and archive data.
- Interview Toyota Financial Services’ CIO is a model for change: part innovator, part gatekeeper CIO Ron Guerrier walks a fine line, gently snuffing out rogue IT activities activities without impinging on the innovation and real-time needs that drove business users to adopt them in the first place.
Fraud & Security
- Article A cybersecurity framework: Six steps to empowering your analyticsAre your cybersecurity tools leaving your organization vulnerable? A career risk management professional/college professor explains why and what to do about it.
- Article Big data: The gold mine of investigative policingFind out what's needed to capitalize on big data for a significant impact your investigators' work and outcomes.
- Research New data on the latest digital fraud trendsGet a quick, fact-filled view of what ISMG, Longitude Research and Javelin discovered in recent studies of fraud trends and anti-fraud strategies.
- Article When it matters: Safeguarding your organization from the insideWith evolving threats, fraud detection technologies have to be flexible and nimble, and automated risk detection is a crucial component of decision advantage.
- Research It’s time for marketers to get serious about dataShould your data be doing more for you, or should you be doing more with your data? The answer for marketers is yes to both parts of the question.
- Article The marketer's dream: Harmonic convergenceCustomer journey maps, strong internal partners and clear strategies for change can help marketers align organizational efforts to foster peace and harmony.
- Article Capter l'attention du consommateur hyper-connecté de demain ?L'avenir ne sera pas seulement connecté : il sera hyper-connecté. Avec des bracelets, des montres ou des bagues connectées, nos vêtements devenus « objets sensibles », et notre smartphone tableau de bord personnel.
- Article IFRS 4 Phase II and Solvency II: Insurance regulation meets insurance accounting standardsIFRS and Solvency II encourage comparability and transparency from a regulatory and accounting perspective for insurers, but there are important differences.
- Article Where to focus when lending is up (but so are delinquencies)Lending and loan volume is back up to pre-crisis levels. But banks are facing higher delinquencies as well. That's why improving credit risk management is crucial.
- Article Technology systems for enterprisewide stress testingWhere financial institutions are falling short, what to do about it, and which stress testing technology providers are leading the pack
- Article Even as stress testing matures, gaps in technology and coordination remainEven with significant investments in people and process improvements, a survey conducted by SAS and GARP finds that banks are not as robust and mature as they need to be in terms of their technology.